21 February 2009

Crazy

Sometimes I really think I'm crazy. I just gave back the other puppies. And I just got through saying, man, I was REALLY ready to give them back because they were driving me crazy! And then the shelter called and asked if I would like to take some more puppies. And what did my crazy ass say? YES PLEASE! And now, here I sit, with them running around, growling at each other, pooping on the floor, whining like little monsters, and annoying the shit out of me. Oh god, they are so cute though! Jack and Diane. I know, more great names. I don't know, they just come to me. It's a gift I guess. Pictures will come as soon as I remember what I did with my USB thingy. We did have a mini-puppy crisis last night though. It was not good. I decided I would cut their nails myself since they were crazy long and I didn't think it would be that hard. And it really wasn't...until I got to the LAST on and Jack moved and I cut too far. Dogs have veins in their nails, so if you cut too far, it bleeds. A lot. And it takes a long time to make it stop. And so I was freaking out because he had been bleeding for almost 30 minutes and I make a rash decision to drive all the way out to North Charleston to the 24 hour emergency shelter. I'm pretty sure there is one closer..in fact, I know there is now because my dad told me. Where was he last night you ask? I don't know, he didn't answer any of my THREE phone calls. Anyways, I get my neighbor to ride out there with me (it's like, 20 minutes away) and of COURSE when we get there, he stops bleeding. Of course! I wait to make sure it's stopped for good and then I come on home. What a fun little trip. And by fun, I mean completely unnecessary and annoying. But really, I'm just glad my buddy Jack is ok. He is doing fine and currently eating one of my shoes. Awesome. Oh, and you are supposed to use super glue to clot the nail. Just in case you ever cut a dog's nails too short. You never know.

So yeah, after my ridiculous night, I had a equally ridiculous day at work that involved driving back and forth downtown three times and doing a DNA test on a baby that was not even 24 hours old. So so fun. But I joined a gym this week and I actually went this afternoon. On a Friday. Who would ever thought. Also, soccer starts next week and I'm kind of excited. Apparently the kids are too, so that's always a good thing.

Well, more puppy news to come I'm sure. Right now they are knawing on my comforter, which I'm sure is very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment