27 February 2009

The Pizza

So I'm ridiculous. In case you haven't caught on to that already, I am. And I'm going to explain why in this post.

First off, it's really quite amazing that I am feeling as fantastic as I am right now. Last week (just Friday, really) was a nightmare. Really. I'm pretending it didn't really happen...it was just a bad dream. So moving right along, I am feeling good today. I joined a gym, have I mentioned that? I think I did...maybe on my other blog, I don't remember. Anyways, so the gym is in the same shopping center as a pizza place called La Pizzeria. The pizza. Super creative, right? Anyways, I'm at the gym and this lady is talking about how good their pizza is because it's run by a family from Italy. The conversation moves on and we discuss how great the Twilight and Harry Potter books (both = awesome...though HP is better). Anywho, I leave and the sign catches my eye. I think, man, I really miss Italy. Also, I have been craving pizza lately. I ate at Brixx last week and had a piece of someone else's pizza (I had a salad) and it was REALLY good. That leads to the following train of thought: that family is from Italy...maybe they'll speak Italian with me!...I bet their pizza is as good as Brixx...don't do it fool, you just worked out!...but they're Italian!...ok, go, you can have it for lunch tomorrow. So in I go and I see a now hiring sign. And my ridiculous self asks the fabulous Italian woman running the cash register if they still need waitresses. WHAT was I thinking?! I know it would be taking on a little much, but in all honesty, I think I would really like it. I realized today how much I thrive on social interaction. And I get very little of that at the pee farm. First off, the people in there are not really people I want to be interacting with. Secondly, even if they are decent, I only interact with them for like, five minutes. Whoa tangent. Anyways, she just took my name and number and really didn't seem very interested in speaking Italian with me...so I just ordered a much too expensive pizza and waited. I also noticed all the cute boys that were working there. And while I was waiting, the people were making the pizza were speaking Italian and literally, my heart was hurting. I could feel it. I want to work there! The pizza was good! (Even though they left off my feta...but that's ok because my name was typed in as "jakee." Oh god, I miss Italy so bad).

That was a long paragraph, so I started a new one, even though I'm really on the same train of thought. I think part of the reason my heart was hurting was today I got the travel bug really bad. I FINALLY finished my TEFL course (95, bitches!) and I got an email about being a summer camp counselor overseas. And I literally almost screamed in happiness. I completely forgot about that option! And I am seriously GIDDY about the prospect of going to camp overseas. Camp is one of my most favorite things ever in life and going to camp overseas would, literally, be a dream come true. So yeah, keep your fingers crossed for me.

In addition to realizing how much I crave social interaction, I also re-affirmed how much happier I am when I have things to do. This past week I've had something to do every day and I am one happy lady today. And I am especially excited about the weeks to come because I am going to have LOTS of stuff to do! Hooray! Soccer starts again next week (JC and I are coaching again), I am taking an IMPROV class (I know, so fun right?), and I am starting some new volunteering program soon. Oh yeah, and I might have a part-time job at La Pizzeria. Which will subsequently lead to me going out with the hot boys that work there and/or the hot boys that will surely come in to eat. Oh yeah, and there is my new gym where I will be getting a new hot bod (to attract the hot boys) and there are always my crazy ass puppies. I think this set is my fave. They are cuddlers and I LOVE me some cuddling pups. Jack and Diane came on Pandora this afternoon and I could not stop smiling.

MAN. This post is long and random. But just a few more things. I have been seeing a lot of Jesus commercials on TV these days. What's up with that? They kind of creep me out. But my favorite was one I heard the other day that was a man screaming about how you need Jesus and how THERE IS NEVER A RECESSION IN THE LORD'S KINGDOM.

And I'll end on that. Thank you and goodnight. Grazie e buonosera.

Ok, wait. One more thing. What the FUCK is going on with Grey's Anatomy? I haven't been watching, but I just saw the end of it (it was a 30 Rock re-run) and apparently Denny is REAL?! What the hell?! I swear he died! I know he did! I watched it senior year and then had to go to class crying because it was such a depressing episode. Then I stopped watching after that because it stressed me out and gave me anxiety. So I'm confused. But now I'm watching Dance Crew and it's making me happy...they dancers are wearing hot pink pants. I want some. Speaking of dancing (sorry, this just keeps getting longer), 1. I REALLY want to go dancing 2. My hero, Belinda Carlisle is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. I don't watch, but I will at least make sure to find out if she goes on or not. You should too.

Ok for real. Basta. (That means enough).

See, completely ridiculous?

No comments:

Post a Comment