26 February 2009

Really?

Well, this is depressing. There was a list of "fallacies" about men and relationships today on vsb.com and this was one of them:

4. fallacy: “men love funny women”


truth: men love women with a sense of humor and the ability to “get” and appreciate jokesnot necessarily make them. “funny” women with a endless staccato of jokes, witty insults, and clever comebacks usually remind men of other men, regardless of how attractive they are.


summary: although we love liz lemon, we think shes drier than eraser dust

And that makes me depressed. Because I am funny. Or so I've been told. I mean, I would use funny in a list of adjectives should you ask me to describe myself. And now this. Maybe this explains all that unrequited love I was talking about some posts back. But seriously, really? Why is this so? Obviously, I don't think (at least I'm desperately hoping) this is the opinion of every guy in the whole world, but it kind of makes sense. Look at female comedians, most of them are lesbians or are single. I'm not really aspiring to be a female comedian, but Ellen and Tina Fey (aka Liz Lemon) are two awesome ladies, in my opinion. And I would definitely not mind following their career path. I wonder if they mean Liz Lemon the character though, because she has more problems than just being funny. Drier than eraser dust? Ouch. She is a little crazy though. But Tina Fey is married...to a man...so maybe there is hope for me. Or maybe I'm not really funny, I just think I am and the reason I get no love lies elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just going to have start being un-funny and the guys will come running.

Anyways, just wanted to share really quick. This just made me go, boo. Sad. I thought the other things on the list sounded pretty true, so this one is probably right. Although I'm not necessarily sure if I decide whether or not I'm going to sleep with someone in the first sixty seconds of meeting them. That thought really doesn't cross my mind at all. Maybe subconsciously. Who knows. And as for #6, I think that is DEAD ON. Guys (most of them) are afraid to break girls hearts. We cry and carry on and blah blah, it's a mess. It's tough. It's kind of nice, in a way, that boys are so concerned. But in the end, the girl still gets hurt and no one really wins. I don't know if there is a way to win, really.

Ok, well I'm going to give not being funny a try. This is probably going to be easy since I'm always in a bad mood and who's funny when they're in a bad mood? Not this girl. Also, I rarely talk to boys on any type of romantic level, so this should not be a problem. I will keep you updated.

PS-I will still be coveting Ellen and Tina Fey's jobs. I would still like to be on TV, even if it means I'm sad and lonely because men don't like me. I would make enough money to pay them to like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment