13 August 2010

I love beach music

And the beach is exactly where I'll be come September! So pumped, I just booked a flight home for a nice little vacay weekend in September! So so sooooo excited! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but the weather here SUCKS ASS and trying to enjoy yourself on the beach is just a sad joke. It's windy and cold all the time and overall unpleasant. Yes, the sun is out (sometimes....in the afternoon...), but I've worn a sweater/jacket to work every day this month and that is just completely ridiculous. Call me crazy, but I want some HOT weather. At least on the weekend and/or anytime I feel like going to the beach and enjoying myself.

Anyways, I'm also very excited because in addition to enjoying the beach (jeez, fingers crossed SO hard it doesn't rain), I get to watch two good friends get married (to each other) that weekend. Also, I need some Southerness in my life. Mainly in the form of sweet tea, Chic-Fil-A, beach music, shag dancing and humidity. Can't wait!

I booked my flight with Delta and I'm a little upset because seriously, a few hours ago, the flight was like, $40 cheaper. Mainly I'm frustrated with myself. And I was torn....do I wait and see if it goes back down? But what if I wait and and it just goes up more? Agghhhh, so many decisions! I asked the Delta chat thingy and while the woman was very polite, she was not helpful. Oh well. It still is a pretty decent price. And you want to hear some nonsense? It's cheaper for me to fly to Charleston and out of Florence (where the wedding is) than for me to fly round trip to Atlanta! How in the hell does that make any sense? I have no idea. Um, well never mind...I just checked again and it's actually $12 cheaper. Son of a bitch! Whatever. I won't dwell, I'm still pumped.

In other news: some punk ass bitches left the school today and I could not be more thrilled! For whatever reason, these two students decided they hated me and wrote really mean things about me on their evaluations. On one hand, I don't care...I'm not getting fired over it and they are really the first people to say something negative about me personally. On the other hand, it was very personal! One said I was very rude and didn't help anyone! :( Which isn't true, but still. The other said I wasn't very kind. They had a long list of other complaints and they really just were a big in everyone's ass (not just mine) so it's over and done but jeez...was the personal attack really necessary? Probably not. Oh well. I'm just glad they are leaving. I'm also glad the summer season is winding down, which means less students, which means less complaining for me! Hooray! I'm all for helping people, but 90 students was a little intense. Maybe we'll get some new students that actually like me because the ones now don't seem to be fans. Boo, I don't want to talk about this anymore.

For some happy times: Ellen was on So You Think You Can Dance tonight and it was AMAZING!!!! I don't even watch the show, but a little bird told me she was going to be on, so I taped it and watched her part. I was literally screeching with joy in my living room. I'm hoping the neighbors didn't hear. You enjoy too:



Hot damn, she just makes me so happy. Love it! Oh yeah...my Ellen clip re-aired on Monday and I made all the students watch since they were there in the afternoon. I wanted to make sure everyone knew I was a celebrity. :)

Ok, well it's bed time for me. More to come later. Sorry it had been so long, but I have been out of commission for the past two weeks. First a cold and then a severe case of laziness hit. Hoping to get back on the horse next week.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment