23 August 2010

What a Silly Day

Yes, it was silly, but it was also SUNNY! I went to the beach both days this weekend. It was a Santa Monica miracle! Today got a little windy towards the end, but it was actually quite pleasant for most of the time. I could get used to this.

Yesterday I went with a friend. We had some parking issues, but it was still a lovely time. Today, I went by myself. I was just sitting there, minding my own business and this guy comes up and introduces himself and asks if I want to put sunscreen on his back. I decline, but he doesn't seem fazed. He asks, "so, do you come here often?" YES. He really asked that. I was very close to laughing in his face. He finally leaves after some other awkward questions.

So then I'm sitting there and I'm like, you know, that was really rude of me. He was just trying to be friendly and it takes guts to randomly approach super hot ladies like myself so I should have been nicer. I was thinking all this theoretically, of course. I didn't really want him to come back nor did I want anyone else to stop by. I just thought, in general, I should give people more of a chance. Unlucky for me, I got to put my theory in practice. He came back. He asked if I wanted to go swimming. I tried this time to be nicer. I didn't want to go swimming (the Pacific Ocean is freezing!) but I did at least attempt conversation. It wasn't easy. I told him I was from South Carolina and after he asked me how things were in North Carolina (twice), he asked if there was coast line in South Carolina. When I said yes, we're on the Atlantic, he was like, oh yeah, you have Atlanta!

Um. No.

This is what I get for being nice! And the worst part is, there was no escape! I'm at the beach, where can I go? Obviously not in the water, because he would want to come along! Eventually he asked if was going to take a nap and I jumped all over that. It was so terrible. I whine all the time about never getting hit on, but this really isn't what I was going for. I don't know what is wrong with me. I fail so bad at boys. Oh well.

Anyways, after my "nap" I leave and I am walking down the street and I encounter a man pooping in the bushes. Yes, that's right. Pants down, squatting in the bushes. Ok, so I don't know if he was actually pooping, but he wasn't in peeing position so you make your own conclusions. It was so so so horrible. I turned around and walked the other direction and ended up walking like, 3 blocks out of my way just to avoid him. It actually made me kind of angry. Like, who the fuck does that?! Sick. I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

After that, I went to McDonalds and got some ice cream (I felt I deserved it) and asked for a cup of water and this is what they gave me:
Really McDonalds? That is all the water you can afford to give me? Hm, that picture doesn't actually show how tiny the cup is, but I promise you, it's very small. This segment of the blog worked out better in my head. I think I'll stop talking about it now. I will also say, however, that the McDonalds only had 3 stalls in the women's restroom and that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. This McDonalds is in the middle of super crowded, touristy Santa Monica and has like, 500 tables and a line out the door and there are THREE stalls. Who designed this shit? Unacceptable. Moving on.

Tomorrow we only get FIVE new students. I am very excited about the numbers going back down and things being slightly less crazy.

I don't want to talk about school either. Instead, lets talk about how I saw The Switch on Friday and it was really good. I recommend going to see it. Obvi, not as fantastic as Step Up 3, but only because there is less dancing. I watched the original Step Up last night and I won't lie, I think the second one is my favorite. Maybe because the guy in it is way cuter. Or maybe because there is salsa involved. Who knows. I had a dance movie marathon last night and watched Stomp the Yard as well. I thought I had seen it before, but I must have only watched half because I didn't remember most of it. That movie is intense! Lots of serious shit going on. And some serious stepping. It reconfirmed my life long goal of going to a legitimate step show. This needs to happen and soon. My life will be empty until then. Keep your ears open people.

Ok, I'm tired now. All that beach laying has worn me out. Goodnight friends.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment