18 July 2011

You guys are so cute. What the fuck?

This line was said to my group this weekend in Vegas. I LOVE VEGAS. I cannot emphasis this enough. It is a total mess and is seriously just the most fantastic place ever. Ok, that is a little extreme, but it is fantastically entertaining. It has some drawbacks, and I think I've gone over this before, but here are reasons why:

1. There are a hundred million people wandering around at ALL hours of the day. This makes me happy but it's also a little overwhelming. There are literally people EVERYWHERE and it is a little difficult to get around sometimes. It also makes me wonder what people are thinking. I saw people pushing strollers at 1:00 in the morning. WHY are those children not in bed? So confused.

2. It's hot as shit. I love the heat and it is awesome for laying around at the pool all day but you spend too much time wandering outside and it gets a little intense. It's a dry heat, but you are still sweating your ass off.

3. It is sensory overload, but it's awesome. There is something to see, hear, touch, taste, whatever, all day, everyday, everywhere. There is almost too much to choose from and if you don't plan what you're going to do, you can get a a little crazy.

4. So many awesome clubs with free entry and free drinks. HELL YES. However, if you are with a group of girls and you stop walking for 2 seconds, you are bombarded with promoters. I couldn't possibly go to all the clubs I was offered free entry to.

5. Free parking! OH man, the best. Love it.

Anyway, if you haven't been to Vegas, you need to go. I forgot how awesome it was and I can't wait to go back in August! It is a teeny tiny bit on the stressful side to go with the students, but only because they have a MILLION questions I don't have answers too. I also get tired of listening to people speak in another language and then crack up.

My life has been and will be a whirlwind for the next month or so. It's cool but I get a little overwhelmed thinking about what I have to do and how I don't really have enough time to do it all.

Oh yeah, I did go to the Grand Canyon on the Vegas trip as well! It was super awesome. It is load of crap how they make you pay for EVERYTHING but it is quite a sight to see in person. Worth the trip for sure. We went to the South Rim and also stopped off at the Hoover Dam. The Dam was pretty cool and I would love to go on a tour sometime if I have more time and am less exhausted from driving 6 hours and wandering around in 100 degree heat for 3 hours. Also, when I have more money. The Dam people make you pay for everything too! Just to enter the visitor center! After you pay for parking! Nonsense!

Ok, so tired. Gotta get my beauty rest for next week, which will also be a frenzy of activity. Bowling, Six Flags, San Francisco! Then next week is birthday week! SO excited! Just gotta learn to chill out a little.
And oh my goodness, if I don't get to go see the last Harry Potter movie soon, I AM GOING TO BE VERY UPSET. That is all.

Dream big people!

1 comment:

  1. i've never been to vegas but i want to go. i've heard good reviews, and i've heard bad reviews, and one day when i'm not pathetically broke i hope to review it myself. glad to hear a positive story! jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete