30 July 2011

Disney Hangover

Whoa. So much to be said right now, I don't even know where to start. So many good things to talk about, and a few minor complaints. Let's get started.

First off, THANK YOU to everyone that said Happy Birthday via fb, text, calling, and especially those that sent things in the mail. I appreciate it so much and am so so happy you are in my life. Birthdays make me feel so very special and happy I have such good people in my life. I am a very lucky girl. Love you all!

Since I am now in charge of the activities schedule, I decided a trip to Disneyland was in order on my birthday. A trip would have been planned anyway, but since I just happened to have a birthday coming up, I figured why not? Wednesday we had a beach day and I was kinda like, aw man, I wish I had switched the two so I could chill on the beach for my bday instead, blah blah blah. I basically regret every decision I ever make and second guess everything I plan, so I was thinking a day at Disney wasn't the best idea. I have never been so wrong in my life. A birthday at Disney was the BEST idea ever. SUCH a good birthday. I don't even have the vocabulary to describe the fantasticness that was my birthday.

It got off to a rough start since the stupid woman at Starbucks refused to give me my free birthday drink (I have major beef with this woman, she sucks and is always working in the morning at the Starbucks near my work), and then there was mad traffic on the way to the Land, but once I got there, things just kept getting more and more amazing.

First off, they give you this button that says it's your birthday and they (the parking attendant) writes your name on it. So then, every time you interact with a Disney "cast member" they say, "Happy Birthday Jacky!" And it fucking rocks. I think they are kind of like Chick-Fil-A employees where they are required to be nice to you and say certain things so everyone is super happy and friendly and it's lovely and refreshing. Very few fellow park goers said anything, but a few did and I got a high 5 from a fellow birthday boy.

Anyway, it was really nice weather and I just love all things Disney so the rest of the day was fantastic. I was reminded of how ridiculous I am and am really a five year old. I have so many good memories of going to Disney World when I was younger, I think it subconsciously just makes me really happy to be there. My dad would take my cousin and I every year and it was the best! I decided not to go to California Adventure this time. One, because I really wanted to see the parade (I didn't get to last time) and two, no one else wanted to and I didn't want to go by myself. There were soooo many people there but I loved it. I got to ride my favorite, It's a Small World, right off the bat. It looks a lot different when it's not decorated for Christmas, so it was a whole new experience. I also didn't make it to Toontown last time, so I went there, saw Mickey's house and got to meet him in his production barn. A picture with Mickey is the best kind of picture.

The rest of the day was spent wandering around, and waiting in lots of lines. Things got really good around 6:30, when I got to see the parraaddeeee! We got good seats along the route (in front of some trashcans..apparently no one wants to sit there) and I literally, lost my shit when the parade started. I was soooo happy. It's almost embarrassing how excited I got. BUT-to be fair, they did start off with a drum line and I fucking love drum lines so that, plus really loud music AND people dancing AND Mickey Mouse rocking on the drums, it was just things-I-really-love overload. Just when I thought things could not possibly be any better, the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins (my fave Disney movie, tied with Lady and the Tramp....Lily e Vagabondo in Italian) came by and they all stopped in front me and said HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKY. And it was amazing. I was completely overcome with joy. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I even got a handshake from one. And a blown kiss from Mary Poppins. AMAZING! I have never felt so special in my life.

I know I sound like a TOTAL goober re-hashing all of it, but it was just so great. There are not words. After the parade, there was another lights show, fireworks, and FANTASMIC which was this crazy lights, water, fire and fireworks extravaganza hosted by Mickey. All great, I loved them all. I don't think I will ever get tired of going to Disneyland. I really don't care if people think I'm weird and/or immature. Maybe California Adventure next time. Now I can go to both parks FOR FREE because I'm a season pass holder. Woo! So come visit, I'll take you. It almost makes me want to have kids just so I can take them and watch them lose their minds when they meet a character. It's the greatest watching the little kids. How awesome would it be to play a Disney princess in the parade? One, you get to be in parades which is super fun. Two, you get to wear a princess dress...what girl doesn't want to do that? Three, you get a prince..so what if he's not real. And four, and best of all, you get to make people REALLY happy just by waving at them. And you pretty much make their life if you give them a hug. I think that would be the best job ever.

The only downfall was the struggles today. I got home around 1:30 am (left the house at 6:30 am) and it was rough getting out of bed and everything hurt today. Maybe I'm getting old but I was so sore! Too much walking and getting thrown around on rides, I guess. Also, when you spend a day at Disney and then have to go back into the real world, it's a harsh transition. Nothing is magical, no one says Happy Birthday to you and there are no parades in the afternoon. Boo. On top of that, I was greeted with lots of complaints about activities at school. I am at a loss over what to do to make people happy but I think I just have to accept that is never going to happen. Someone out there always has something negative to say, even when I bust my ass trying to plan fun activities. But I was pretty angry because apparently one girl was complaining to a co-worker that she didn't like Disney. There weren't enough rides for her and it was too childish. Bitch, you were at DISNEYLAND. What the hell did you expect? Whiny people make me SO angry and I'm sorry, but if Disneyland can't make you happy, nothing can. Also, people who don't like Disneyland are NO friends of mine. Screw you.

Whatever. My day at Disney was so wonderful and it was the BEST way to spend a birthday. I was genuinely excited and happy and I haven't been like that in a long, long time. Thanks Mickey!!!

Dream big people! ...a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment