07 November 2011

Home

Well. I'm here. I haven't really been up to writing. One, there hasn't been anything too exciting happening and also I have been super exhausted. I still haven't been sleeping all that well and I don't have a lot of energy or motivation to type. Still applies now, so sorry if this is lame.

Most of my days have been spent sleeping and/or eating. I have been trying to get back into the Jenny habits of dieting and exercising but it's not working out that well for me. For starters, sleeping is not exercise. I realllly wish it was, but I think I'm going to have to put in a little more effort than that. And, with my limited supply of funds, I don't think a gym membership is a good investment for me right now. Which means, running/walking is really my only option. Yes, I know I could do some sort of work out regime at home but I really just don't have the will power for that. I did get out there for a run/walk the other day. So boring. I try to go different ways so I don't get bored of the scenery, but it doesn't usually work for me.

Blah blah blah. Let's talk about positive things about being home. The previous paragraph is boring me. Since I've been home, the weather has been pretty nice. I've eaten a lot of really good food and I've gotten to see some lovely family and friends. Let's talk food. I went to a shrimp festival that had a bunch of different restaurants each with a different dish. There were some of the best shrimp dishes I have ever had, and never thought I would have. For example, shrimp and waffles. I thought I was being crazy eating chicken and waffles, and I had my doubts about this dish, but it was really really tasty. A Gullah restaurant had seafood casserole and some amazing brown rice. Sadly most of the restaurants ran out of food before I got to sample all of them, but everything I had was delicious. I've also eaten some homemade salmon and mussels (delicious) and had crab cake benedict for brunch today and put myself into a food coma. You just cannot beat the seafood here. I was trying to explain how fantastic the seafood is here to some goober foreigner I know but he doesn't think things get any better than Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Santa Monica. He is obviously a crazy fool. I'm trying to get him to come here and see for himself. He's also under the impression he can go turkey hunting here so I'm trying to figure out how to make that happen as well.

Oh my, this is so lame. To conclude, I was having serious doubts about my decision to leave as I was leaving LA, but I think now I've done the right thing.  I'm trying to relax and get some rest so I have the energy to figure out what to do with myself next. Everyone wants to know and as soon as I know, I'll let everyone else know. I promise.Sorry this was the worst post ever.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment