29 November 2011

I can't think of fun titles anymore

What a fantastic Thanksgiving I had! I had my doubts at how things were going to go, but all turned out well, as it always does.

Last Monday I was so sick, I couldn't do anything. I got a stomach bug or something and couldn't even get myself out of bed. I was quite pathetic. I also tried to make round two of the Swiss bread and failed miserably. Beginners luck I guess. I accidentally killed the yeast, so it didn't rise at all. It was also quite pathetic and I was very sad about the whole thing. Thankfully, Tuesday I was able to pull it together, saw some old deli friends and made it up to North Carolina without any problems.

And in North Carolina is where the Thanksgiving insanity began. My family is always insane and this year was no different. It's always a blast, of course and there is always something ridiculous going on with 25 people running around in one house. And, of course, SO much food. We had two turkeys, one of which was 25 pounds and I never even saw the second one, it was gone before I had finished my mashed potatoes. There were about 35 people at actual Thanksgiving lunch, so it's no wonder everything disappeared so quickly.

Friday I tried again with the Swiss bread and was successful this time! There was only one teeny tiny little hiccup. Instead of three cups of milk, I added six because I thought the measuring cup I was using was for one cup when it was really for two. That's what I get for not actually looking at the writing. But it turned out for the best because I just doubled everything and made four loaves and they were all gone within an hour. Thank goodness for my fatty family!

I am so tired and this post is so poorly written, it's getting embarrassing. But, just because it was completely insane, I have to mention my ride home from NC. To make things quick and easy, the carriage top of my uncles car flew off while I was driving down the interstate, then the windshield wipers broke and then we got pulled over by the police. Quite the eventful ride home. Luckily, no one was hurt, the car got us home safely and no tickets or citations were issued by the police. Definitely thankful for that!

Today I got myself some car insurance and had a lovely conversation with a very cute boy. Things are good. Excited that I can finally start listening to Christmas music, baking Christmas goodies and putting up decorations! It's the most wonderful time of the year! Yay!

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment