17 November 2011

Lately

Stuff's been going on. Nothing interesting. Mainly just sleeping and eating. Still no job in case you were wondering.

11.11.11 came and went and nothing exciting happened. I didn't really have high hopes for it, but there was a tiny part of me that just maybe something crazy would happen. Nothing did. I don't even remember what I did that day. I'm that way about full moons too. I don't really think something will happen, but I'm always slightly hopeful something fun and interesting will happen and I'll be all, oh man, it's a full moon! Because that will explain the craziness. I don't know exactly what would constitute a crazy full moon time, but I'll let yall know if it ever happens.

Most of my days have been spent lounging around but today was special. I am just so excited about my day today and it is not even over yet! I know it's not really anything special but today was the first day I actually felt like getting up and doing something with myself. I didn't do anything too impressive, but I was a baking machine and things turned out much better than expected!

I decided I was going to attempt making bread. I'm not sure what exactly came over me, but someone sent me a recipe for a particular kind of Swiss bread and I thought, I can make that. I think that about lots of things and usuall things turn out on the diastrous side. I tend to skim things (like recipes) over and don't research and/or prep enough. It happened with this recipe, as per usual, so ended up with two loaves since I missed that first line that said "enough for two servings." I really don't even need one serving so I don't know what I'm going to do with the two of them, but I have to say, they turned out pretty damn tasty. I was pretty concerned about the final product after the yeast didn't really do what it was supposed to and the dough was being extremely difficult and sticky. The second batch I wrangled in with some flour and it turned out quite nice. I'm not going to lie, I am pretty impressed with myself. I did not think it would turn out well at all and oh la la, it's fantastic! Go me.



The first picture was attempt number one. Looks messy and unappealing, but it was actually pretty yummy. Flour helped get attempt two under control and made everything nicer looking. Also quite tasty. :) Bakery owner? New career path? Probably not.

I also made Nutella brownies that were a little on sad looking side, but they were also pretty delicious. Additionally, I made some cute cards to send off, cleaned the kitchen, took a shower and went the entire day without crying. A successful day if I do say so myself! Like I said, it's not even over yet! Plans to go out tonight.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment