25 October 2011

I See the Light

ONE WEEK left at school. Insanity. I can't really wrap my head around it. I think it's going to be a good week though...Universal Studios tomorrow, Halloween party on Thursday and Six Flags on Friday. I am actually not that excited about Six Flags because 1. I have to be there until like, 11 on a Friday night and 2. It turns into scary Six Flags at night and I don't really like scary things. I seriously might not go in. Unless I have some cute boy to hang onto, I don't like being scared on purpose. My cute boy is much too far away to hang onto and I think it's all girls going. Boo.

Anyway, such a good weekend! Just hung out with friends Friday and Saturday nights and had some super fun adventures in Hollywood and the Fashion District of LA. First, I found the remaining components for my Minnie Mouse costume and I am super pumped to wear it Thursday. Second, the fashion district is literally the most insane shit ever. It is jam packed with people selling any and everything you could possibly need or want. A lot of things you didn't even realize you needed until you were walking along and it got shoved in your face or pointed out by an extremely pushy non-English speaking salesperson. It's fantastic. There are also lots of things I can't possibly imagining anyone buying on the streets. Like mini rabbits. And turtles. So strange. It is a bit of a sensory overload though, especially if you're tired. You need to have a lot of stamina for Fashion District. And cash. They are not credit card friendly. You also have to be careful because there is a good chance you'll get run over by a stroller/churro cart/portable clothing stand if you are not paying attention.

Anyway, after FD, I had my goodbye Korean BBQ dinner and it was everything I dreamed it would be. A celebratory meat festival. You basically order a shit ton of meat and cook it yourself, dip it in delicious sauces and good times are had by all. We had tongue, pork shoulder butts, chicken, beef, beef and then some more beef. We stayed away from the stomach, even though I was all for trying it. To do it good friends makes it that much better. Good friends plus two random girls that randomly showed up as well. Plus, I got presents! And we had Yogurtland afterwards! Such a great night. And to make things EVEN better, I didn't make myself sick full, for once, even though I probably ate my weight in meat. Lately (like right now) I have been eating way to much than I can handle and I end up feeling so terrible. It was a KBBQ miracle that I was able to enjoy my meat without wanting to throw up and die afterwards like normally. Tonight I ate probably half of what I ate last night and that is how I feel. Very strange. Body, I would appreciate some consistency.

So. I'm going to miss my friends here a lot. Still can't believe I only have a week. I know I did it to myself and I know it's for the best, but it's going to be a tough goodbye. Let's worry about that later. Universal Studios tomorrow! Even though I'm not actually going inside, I'm looking forward to not being in the office.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment