17 October 2011

One Down

Finally I can cross something off my list of things to worry about. Kinda. But, for now, I am completely finished with my stupid apartment. It has been a big dramatic pain in my ass, but I left my key there today and I do not plan on going back anytime soon. I'm almost positive I'm going to keep getting phone calls from my landlord, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue to answer them. Not sure of the point anymore but I also feel that is a little rude. But seriously, I literally just have no idea what to do anymore. I did everything I could and I can't make my former roommates help or do what they are supposed to do, so I really just don't want to have anything to do with it anymore. I feel the same about my job. It's annoying and I am actually just kind of insulted about how my exit is being handled, but what can you do? I don't have control over assholes and their asshole behavior so I should probably just move on with my life. Now all I have to worry about is work and how I'm going to get all my shit packed and back home. Sigh.

For a teensy bit more negative news, some people suck so bad it literally blows my mind. I mean, I guess I'm not surprised anymore at how rude people can be, but it really just still stuns me that people can be so awful to other people. I got stood up 5 times this week. FIVE. Unreal. I'm not saying all French people suck...but wow. This kid sucks more than most people I know. He reminds me, actually, a lot of certain someone I used to associate myself with. Thankfully, I'm starting to, slowly but surely, learn from some of my past mistakes. So instead of getting the runaround for a couple years, it only took a few days for me to cut this bastard out of my life. Not even in the romantic sense, but as friend.

Anyway, on to the positive. Some people are so awesome. And I am so thankful I have them to cancel out the asshats that try to ruin everything. Just as the rudeness of people stuns me, the kindness does as well sometimes. I dont' know what I did to deserve people being so nice to me, but I really appreciate it and I hope they know that. That is really my only concern, that people know how much I appreciate them and their kindness.

I also appreciate good food. Which I stuffed myself with this weekend. I went a little insane, actually. I was kind of surprised/embarrassed for myself. I'm not really sure what was my deal, but I acted like I hadn't eaten a good meal in months. Maybe it was just the sheer joy of being out in the social world, surrounded by people and fun, rather than being at my lonely depressing apartment. But I really do need to remember to slow down and not eat more than I can handle because I made myself sick from being full every day this weekend. So I guess that stuff earlier about learning my lessons doesn't really apply here. We went to a BBQ place for my friends birthday Saturday night and the second the food got set down, I like, lost my mind. I literally started shoveling food in. I have no idea where the mentality of eat as much and as fast as you can comes from because I've never been in a setting where me going hungry is a possibility but that is how I reacted. Which was especially stupid because there was more than enough food to go around. But it was sooo delicious. I probably should have savored it but I thought inhaling it was a better idea. My Jenny Craig lady is not going to be happy with me.

I also put myself into a food coma today via mediocre Chinese food. This time it was because it was my first meal of the day at 5:00 but still, eating slowly wouldn't have hurt anybody. So now here I am with a tummy ache. And, at that Chinese restaurant I got the worst fortune cookie of all time! "As long as you don't sign up for anything new, you'll be fine." Like, what the hell?! Don't sign up for anything new? Never take a new class, make a change for a new job, house, car, etc? I am so confused. Made me a little uncomfortable since I'm about to make a whole bunch of new changes. But then I remembered fortune cookies are not real and stupid, so I'm good. My Japanese friend got "As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters not point in your direction." Also stupid and also spent a good 20 minutes trying to explain it to him. Staying away from fortune cookies for a while, thank you very much.

Having internet is awesome. Time to catch up on a shit ton of TV I've been missing out on.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment