25 February 2010

Crack is Whack

So lots of weird things have been happening lately. Nothing very exciting, or interesting really. Just kind of weird.

First off, I have to mention that I got a phone call from [the] Ellen [show] today and I was informed the taping has been moved from 4:30 to 2:30, pushing check-in time up to 12:00. Which is not good because I am not supposed to leave work until 11 and that is cutting it a little too close for comfort. Oooh, it just makes me really sad in general. BUT, I am not giving up hope! Everyone cross your fingers for me that I'll be let into the actual audience and not just in the Riff Raff Room because it would seriously MAKE MY LIFE. Seriously. We need someone that can go check in early and save our spot in line. If you know anyone in LA that's free for line standing and Ellen watching on Monday, holla! For real, we have an extra ticket!

Ok, so weird things. Yesterday I was walking to work and this crazy man first shouted something about being possessed by the devil (someone else was, i think...not him) and then he laid down in the middle of the street for a few seconds. And then got up and looked at me like, what? I had on sunglasses and headphones so I just pretended I didn't see his fool self. Then today a woman got on the bus with like, 50 blankets wrapped around her and was holding a statue of the Virgin Mary with a few blankets wrapped around her as well. Then, after she had been on the bus for a while, she dropped down on one knee. I was behind her, so I couldn't see what she was doing, but I'm assuming she was praying. Not a bad idea on a LA bus, really. And last but not least, today I was walking home and I saw a wreck happen. It wasn't bad or anything, just really loud. No one was hurt and the cars weren't even badly damaged. It was just loud and scared me. It was raining here today so of course, people were going all ape-shit and driving all whack like they do when it rains here. It doesn't very often, so people just really don't know what to do with themselves. It's funny...and sad.

In other news, I have been tripping over sidewalk cracks a lot lately. It's kind of embarrassing. It's happened 4 times this week. I need new shoes maybe? I don't know. Oh, and I saw a movie last night, Un Prophoete (it's foreign, I'm cultured) and it was really good. Craaazzzyyy long, but good. And I decided that mustaches are the most horrible thing that men can do to their faces. Take note, men, and shave the stache. And if you're a man, and you're reading this, and you have a stache...stop reading because we should not be associated with each other. Thank you.

Ok, remember, fingers crossed for me and my Ellen experience! SO excited! Also, cross your fingers I win the lottery while you're at it because I need a car and a new computer real bad. But, if you're only going to do it for one or other other, do it for Ellen. If you have to choose.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment