23 March 2010

Real Quick

Oh me, oh my. So much going on, so little time. But it's late and I need to watch my Ellen app, so I'll try to keep this brief.

I went to San Diego this weekend! It was really fun and is totally beautiful. And waaaaay cleaner than LA. The train ride down was quite lovely, a lot of it goes along the PCH so you get a nice beach view for a lot of it. Until you get back to LA, of course, and then you mainly see buildings, trash and cars. And people love trains! I saw so many people standing beside the tracks waving, it was fantastic! We even had some surfers waving from the water, I loved it! I hung out at the park and watched a crazy litte kids dance show...a friend's friend was the teacher, random, I know. Then we just hung out, enjoyed the lovely weather and had some beverages. And then the train ride back to dirty LA was just as lovely. And it was even better because of the totally verbose and crazy conductor, who was saying the most ridiculous things over the intercom. When we got back to LA he went on this whole thing about how you could take a break on the platform, stretch, have a smoke, stand on your head, run in circles, but when it comes time to get back on you better get on before the train disappears off into the horizon. Because you don't want to watching the train disappear off into the horizon, trying to run and jump on the train in vain. Really, he said all this. And more. Also, when we got to San Diego, he told everyone to watch out for trolleys because it would be "a shame to have gotten you here safely on the train only to have you collide with a trolley upon your arrival." Really.

Today was my morning bus driver's birthday, so the entire bus sang him Happy Birthday. How special is that? I know, so special. I don't know who found out or who started it, but once I realized once was going on, I could not stop smiling. I really just thought it was so cute and funny. LA surprises me like that every now and then. I was like, oh, it's not all crazy people, there are some nice ones too! But then I was reminded that there are more crazy people than nice ones when this man FREAKED OUT on the sidewalk outside my building. I could hear him screaming from the third floor! It was intense and I was a little afraid, even from inside, three stories up. From what I gathered from his rant was that someone bumped into him and things escalated from there. And ended with, "You better hope I don't run into in the dark sometime, where there are no witnesses to see how I would fuck you up!" Then something else about how he doesn't take shit from bullies and it's called SELF DEFENSE SIR. He said that to a man on his cell phone standing near by. Oohhh my. So crazy.

Anyways, there is tons of other stuff going on, but my brain is too scattered to put it all in word form right now. This weekend is the TOTALLY AWESOME 80s Gala and I am pumped! And then next week, I'm flying to Jacksonville for Trine's wedding. CRAZY. I really think I'll see some pigs flying along beside us on the way there. If you know what I'm saying.

Ok, well more later when I can get figure out how to write out my thoughts better.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment