08 March 2010

So many people to thank...

Here's whats up: I am awesome at driving in LA. Seriously, I am pretty much a pro already and I've only driven like, three times. But I'm amazing. Does this really surprise anyone? Probably not because I'm awesome at pretty much everything. Except picking up boys. And telling jokes. And painting fingernails. And driving big trucks in parking garages. But other than that, total awesomeness. Now I just need a car. I'm trying to convince one of the Spanish boys at school to give me the one he is going to buy for his 3 month stay here. Come on now, the person is clearly loaded if he can come to the US, rent an apartment for three months, buy a car AND an iphone. And clearly, he can afford to be nice and leave the car for me, his loyal and helpful housing and admissions coordinator that gave him a kick ass tour of Santa Monica upon his arrival to the school. But, if that doesn't work out, I am going to figure out how to win a car. Or hotwire one. Whichever takes less time. I just love driving so much and I miss it! Damn you cars, for being so expensive!

So in other news, the Oscars were tonight! And that would be more exciting if I actually did something cool and LA and went to them or at least tried to go see the red carpet, but I didn't. I actually forgot they were even going on until someone texted me and asked if I was going. By that time it was too late and then I couldn't find anyone that wanted to go crash post parties with me. Everyone here is totally lame, obvi. I did watch part of them on TV and now I really want to win an Oscar and wear a pretty dress and give a cool speech. As ridiculous as I think celebrity and movie culture is, there are still some things I liked. (SPOLIER ALERT!) I love that Sandra Bullock won. She is really funny and I like her movies. I think it's great a woman won for best director even though I didn't see her movie and probably never will because it looks a little too intense for my taste. And if people love Gabby Sibawhatever, they will LOVE me. For reals. I am totally cool, just like her! We would be really good friends and she could introduce me to Oprah, who could then introduce me to Ellen. Ellen could be for me what Oprah is for her. How perfect does that sound? I thought so too. Ugh, I would be so GOOD at being famous, I just know it!! How do I make this happen? Also, I felt totally cultured because I had seen TWO of the foreign language movie nominees....not the one that won, but whatevs. How many have YOU seen? Exactly. That is also the number of regular best picture nominees I have seen. I was totally rooting for "Up." Such a cute movie!

That's it for me I guess. Kind of an uneventful weekend. I did get to wear my new shoes though! And they were every bit as fabulous as I had hoped! This is what I would like to say about the weekend, Oscar acceptance speech style:

I would like to thank Ikea for making such comfy bed and cozy sheets for me to spend nearly half the day in, both Saturday and Sunday. Thank you to Sephora for replacing the make-up I dropped on the floor and broke for no extra charge. A special thanks to Target for providing pretty much my entire wardobe, including my kick-ass new shoes that made me almost a normal height. Also, thank you Fatburger for being such good hangover food, Pandora for providing me with such great random musical selections and the awesome California weather for making driving around with sun roof open a viable and fantastic option today. Oh, what's that? Hurry up? I'm almost out of time? Ok, oh gosh, so many things left to thank! I guess I'd like to just dedicate this weekend everyone out there that knows what it's like to sleep in and then get up and do nothing productive. Oh, and the academy. Thanks for making all this a reality.

Dream big people.

No comments:

Post a Comment