14 April 2010

Hoo Hoo

First off, let's talk about how amazing it is to ride the bus for 10 minutes to work. It is AMAZING. So fantastic, I could go on forever. Of course, today I get to work on time and guess who forgot her keys, so I ended up standing around for 20 minutes anyways. But whatever, standing around is better than sitting on the bus. I wake up almost a full hour later than before. Glorious.

Anyways, the point of this post is to start a new series* in which I give people advice. Because I'm a wise owl. Hoo hoo, get it? I was inspired by a friend :) Obviously, my life is so put together and lucrative, I am the perfect person to go around telling people how to live. Let's recap, shall we? I have no car, no boyfriend, a low paying job, I need to lose some weight, I am currently sporting a bad haircut and have a twin size futon for a bed. Also, I just gave my address to a grocery store over the phone. Damn. What was I thinking?? On the other hand, I'm happy, healthy, awesome and have been cool places, so maybe I'm not doing so bad after all. Either way, we all know I like to talk and think I know best, so listen up if you too want to be happy, healthy, well-traveled, awesome, broke and single!

Hm. So I guess I'll start with traveling:

1. Don't always book the cheapest flight. Double check and come to terms with multiple layovers, early flight departures, excessively long layovers and ridiculous hours before you decide that saving a few bucks is the priority. Also keep in mind that you'll be paying for checked bags and that sucks.
2. Invest in a neck pillow. It makes life so much better, for serious.
3. Take an empty water bottle with you and fill it up at the airport water fountain after security. Take that TSA and high water prices!
4. Always go to the bathroom when you have the chance. This goes for any type of travel, especially car trips. Waiting for the next rest area is not always the smart thing to do and your bladder may hate you for a while if you wait too long.
5. Always eat when you have the chance. Don't wait until you're ravenous and your options are limited. Take snacks wherever you go. Buying at the airport/on the train is way more expensive than bring them with you from the grocery store.
6. Have a spare set of essentials in your carry-on. You never know when and where you'll be stranded.
7. Always take a jacket or sweater. Being cold sucks.
8. Make sure you are thourough with directions. I have learned my lesson (multiple times) that writing down vague directions doesn't do me any good when I get lost. Especially since I am sans GPS, sans iphone, and sans any type of directional aptitude.
9. Crying doesn't really get you anywhere. I know, sometimes it's unavoidable, but it really doesn't help anythings. And it makes it hard to breathe.
10. Take good music and a good book to help pass the time. Unless you're driving, then only have the music. Don't read and drive. It's dangerous.

Well, that's all I got for now. And go to this website: so funny. Also, if you're feeling sad, YouTube old Ellen stand up and you will feel better. And you can thank me later.

Until we meet again, the best advice:

Dream big people!

*It may not actually be a series, as I will probably run out of advice pretty quickly. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment