26 April 2010

There's an app for that

So my weekend was pretty lame. It was actually really lame. I am ok with it though. I did get some stuff done, I went on a walk and did somethings that were mildly entertaining.

Friday night I went to Happy Hour with the roomies, which was the first time we went out in public together and it was really quite lovely. The night ended a littler earlier than expected so I went to bed early. And if going to bed early during the week makes me self-conscious, going to bed early on a weekend really makes me nervous. But the next day I got up and to the Grilled Cheese Festival! And.....it was actually really disappointing. I thought there was going to be mountains of grilled cheese just waiting to be consumed by me (who paid $10 to get in). Really, I thought there were going to be cocktail waitress type people running around with platters of all sorts of grilled cheese samples to be eaten up and rivers of cheese and tomato soup flowing through the streets for people to bask in. Instead, there was one line you could stand in for little tiny samples of just regular grilled, another line where you could get tiny cups of tomato soup and yet an even longer line where you could get free fizzy fruit soda. And if you wanted anything else fancier, you had to wait in a ridiculously long line AND you had to pay for it! Plus, they only gave you half the sandwich! It was total crap. There was also a competition going on  but apparently you had to sign up ahead of time to be a judge and if you didn't, you got yelled at by an extremely loud and obnoxious woman and weren't allowed into the competition part, even if you just wanted to see what was going on. So yeah, it was disappointing. And expensive. FAIL.

After our sad times at the festival, a friend and I wandered around downtown LA, which also was a big fail since nothing was open and we just wanted something to drink and a little snack. Downtown LA is probably the stupidest downtown I've ever been in. Maybe I was in the wrong part, but there wasn't really anything interesting going on and it was Saturday. Whatever. After extensive wandering we ended up at a hotel with a rooftop bar and it was a cool scene, nice view, it was just freezing with the wind and there were lots of drunk tourists. But it was still alright and we enjoyed ourselves.

The rest of the weekend I literally did nothing. I did some wandering around the neighborhood and that is about as productive as I got. I had all these plans for grocery shopping and room redecorating, but I just couldn't get it together. I did, however, update my ipod touch and got some awesome new apps. The best one, by far, is this top 100 song thing. I thought it was going to just tell you the top 100 songs from each decade, but it's actually a million times cooler than that and PLAYS the songs for you! It's amazing and I love it.  I am seriously considering getting an iphone just so I can carry this little rectangular amazement around with me all the time. The touch is only good if you are connected to wireless internet, so it doesn't work for wandering around town. Also, it would be amazing for directions since I never have any idea where I'm going.

But, really, I don't have the money for that. So if anyone wants to buy me one, go for it. I will appreciate the hell out of it. And you. I have other things I need to spend my money on right now. I'll tell you what they are, in case you want to buy something else for me: a bed, computer (one of the small ones, they're pretty cheap!), a car, some new clothes (I am so not cool enough for LA), black shoes (I have none! How did this happen?), and a nightstand. Holla if you need my address to ship something my way. I will also take gift cards, thank you so much.

Ok, my weekend wasn't interesting and neither was this post. And yet, somehow, it is extremely long. Sorry. Things are going to be good next weekend though because my MOM is coming! YAY!!!! And then next week we are going to ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE TRIPLE A MILLION YAY!!!! I can't wait! And then it's Cinco de Mayo! Hooray! An excuse to drink during the week!

Dream big people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment