30 April 2010

Perspective

So I went to work today. And I was all grouchy because I haven't been sleeping well (ahem, blackout curtains) and it is still pretty chilly here. I continued to be grouchy because the bus was late, I started my period, my head was hurting, boys are apparently not the least bit interested in me, and work is boring. And then I randomly stumbled across this really amazing story. http://65redroses.livejournal.com/2010/04/27/

And then I cried a little bit and realized I need to get the fuck over myself. Because this girl was totally amazing and her story is awesome. Please go look at it if you get the chance. She didn't make it past 26, which is so sad because she seems like a really cool person. However, she touched a lot of lives with her story and her struggle with Cystic Fibrosis. I can't even imagine what kind of struggle that must have been and it makes me put my life into perspective.

I am a lucky, lucky girl. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I did and I am SO thankful. I realize I like to whine a lot, but I promise, I know what's up. I wish there was a way I could express my thanks. But for now, I'll just share with you how good it feels to be lucky and maybe you can remember what makes your life lucky too.

For starters, I do not have Cystic Fibrosis. So that's awesome. I am generally healthy, with some minor issues here and there. Right now my stomach is making all kinds of scary rumbling noises, but I am not hooked up to any tubes so I'm going to count it as a positive.

I've also got a job, a place to live, a kind of bed, clothes and food. In addition to the basic luxuries, I also get to do really really cool stuff sometimes. I've traveled awesome places and done really cool things. For instance, last night I went to see Chicago in Hollywood and it was totally amazing. Man, I really love musicals. Other than Pantages Theater and their policies being totally lame (seriously, I hate them) and the man in front of me with his enormous head, I loved it. Roxie was the girl from Destiny's Child (Michelle), so that was cool. I mean, it's what the program said anyways, I was a little to far away to confirm this. And the musical in general is just really fun and funny and well written and there was one song with all this sparkly stuff coming down from the ceiling and it was SO cool! Then I had to take the scary night bus home alone and that was NOT cool. Not terrible, but there was a crying Asian man, two drunk Latinos and one weird man taking pictures of the top of his head with his cell phone. Things were awkward.

Anyways, this post has been like, three days in the making and it really isn't getting any better. I really just wanted to share that website I found. So, enjoy, and I will shut up now. You're welcome. My mom is coming tomorrow! HOORAY! ELLEN ON TUESDAY! :) :) :)

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment