17 May 2011

Little Too Much

Gotta get some whining out first. Feel free to skip ahead.

Ok. LA is REALLY pretty. So lovely, really. Blue skies, palm trees, blah blah. However, just because the sun is out does not mean it's good weather. Good weather means you can go lay out on the beach. 60 degrees, windy, and wearing a jacket to work in May is NOT good weather. I'm sorry, it's not. It's great that the sun is out and it's not raining, but if I can't lay on the beach, in a bathing suit, without freezing my butt off, I don't think it's really that nice of a spring day outside. Well, that is a little extreme. I don't necessarily have to be in a bathing suit. BUT, I do NOT want to be wearing a jacket! That is nonsense! It's May! Also, I really miss warm spring/summer nights. I hate that it gets super cold here at night. I did, however, find the cutest jacket ever in life at Old Navy today and would buy it to wear at night, but it was $40. Lame! (It's white, 3/4 sleeves, size small, if anyone wants to buy it for me). Mainly, I'm upset because if I lose what little tan I got in Miami, I am not going to be a happy camper. And it's supposed to rain the next few days, waaaaaaaaa.

Done complaining! Now for some good news. Letssingit.com is my new favorite website. As a refresher: whenever I'm out and about and hear songs I like, I send a text to myself with the lyrics. Found new songs recently in Old Navy (been spending a lot of time there lately...they have lots of solid colored clothing, my fave), a random club and from commercials. Anyway, Lettsingit is where I put in they lyrics and figure out what song it is. Apparently there is an app for that out there, but I don't think it works an itouch. Plus, sometimes I like doing things the old fashioned way. Just for old time's sake. Thanks to Letssingit, I found the names of 3 songs today and had an awesome one woman dance party in my living room. It made this stupid Monday a million times better. [Update: there is one for the itouch, but you have to have a microphone, which I don't. Also lame.]

Also making Monday's better...my cooking skills! I bought portabello mushroom caps at the store and they actually turned out pretty tasty in the oven. I brushed it with olive oil, and then literally stood in front of the spice cabinet and tried out different spices on different pieces. Paprika was not so good, but we had this random steak pepper something or other that was pretty tasty. Garlic salt, also good. Any other suggestions? I also need book suggestions, so get to suggesting, people! Oh, music suggestions as well. Here is what I recently downloaded (all good for Monday blues):

"Sunny"-Bobby Farrell Boney M Remix (old school meets new school good)
"Friday" -Glee version (overall smiley goodness)
"Little Too Much"-Natasha Bedingfield (good for feeling inspired, imagining movie montages in your head)
"Super Bass"-Nicki Minaj (good for booty dancing)
"We Turn It Up"-Oh Land (good for weirdo dancing)
"Eenie Meenie"-Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber (good for jumping around your living room like a fool)
"Beautiful Trash"-Lanu (free Starbucks download good)
"Together, Anything's Possible"-Darius Rucker (makes me want to go home and dance in the gazebo good)

What you got for me?

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment