19 March 2012

A Little Tenderness

Latest music obsession: Otis Redding. Why has it taken me to get on board the Redding train? I mean, I've been a fan of 'Dock of the Bay,' duh and his version of White Christmas is my fave, but there are SO many other good ones. He does a version of 'Stand By Me' and 'The Glory of Love.' Love them both. Wish I had like, a million dollars so I could buy it all on iTunes. Come onnnn April 7! I need money! I have a whole list of things I want to buy and I'm probably going to be able to buy all of one of those items when I get paid finally. Apparently a lot comes out of the first paycheck, which blows but whatever. Better than nothing. Debating if my first item (besides food) is going to be a book bag or new tennis shoes. I've seen badass ones of both and both would be useful. But maybe a book bag because I don't have one of those here and I do have tennis shoes. Decisions, decisions. I also need a phone.

Today was a good day! Felt good at work, no longer feel like the walking dead and am getting a grasp on how things work. I haven't blown my nose in like, 2 days! Lunch wasn't terrible. Not great, but it wasn't broiled squid, so a definite plus. I also did a little Zumba in my room which always makes me feel awesome. I mean, I also felt pretty stupid since my computer is tiny and I'm having a one woman dance party in my teeny apartment, but this is me making-do. :) I also figured out how to make my Korean frozen dumplings more crispy and therefore, more tasty. I also flossed. Things are looking up.

Also, real quick, wanted to share with everyone how awesome I am. I wrote this life plan as a note for myself on my ipod touch last summer:

Now:  study/take GRE, look into Australia.
Fall: move back home, find temp job
Dec: ham store?
Feb: Switzerland
Mar: Korea
2012: apply to grad school/be awesome in Korea
2013: travel? Grad school in fall


Car, save money, GRE, 15 lbs


Get on it, you can do this. Dream big :)


Cool part is, most of it came true. I didn't take the GRE, but I did do a little studying for it. I also looked into Australia and that is an option for the future. Then I moved home, did some temporary work, worked at the ham store in December. In February "Switzerland" came to me instead of me going there. I got to Korea a little earlier than March, but so far I'm being awesome in Korea so dreams are coming true. This is what happens when you dream big and then write it down. I also got a car, and saved money. That last 15 pounds is still tripping me up, but I haven't lost all hope. Joining a fitness club here so it's definitely a possibility. Especially if I keep up with apartment, one-woman Zumba classes. 


I have some travel goals, so I'm gonna write those down and see if I can make those happen as well. Top of list: Great Wall of China, Terra Cotta Warriors, and Japan. A lot to fit in two weeks vacay. But....


Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment