27 March 2012

Littlecase

Yall. I am so in love with these little Korean babies...they are too much. Oddly enough, what amuses me the most is when they have their shoes on the wrong feet. Every morning when they get to school, they take off their "outside" shoes and put on "inside" shoes. And there is always one that puts them on the wrong feet and it cracks me up every time. I know, it's weird...but they're such goobers. I love it. I have been trying to teach them to use uppercase and lowercase instead of big and little for letters. One kid keeps splicing the two and when I ask what kind of letter it is, he yells out: "LITTLECASE!" Precious. These kids are either silent, whispering or yelling. There are no other options.

Also, today, our little trouble maker gave me a hug out of the blue and it just made me so happy. He is so dang cute! He is the worst child!! He never listens, is always touching people, can't sit still, is always talking (in Korean) and when I ask him his name, he yells out: "I AM LAY!" Which is supposed to be Ray. Makes me smile every time. Also, he is terrible at lunch...he ends up with rice all in his hair and the hair of the child next to him. But I sit behind him and every now and then he just turns around and grins at me. With his whole face, if that makes any sense. It's too precious. I'm pretty sure he has ADD, but he's giving out hugs so I don't care. I pretty much love them all, but he cracks me up the most. I also yell at him the most so I hope I'm not sending mixed signals.

I also got observed today. Didn't get really find out anything helpful, but didn't get any negative feedback either so whatever. My principal just thinks I should play more fun games with them, but the kids are never into the games I try to play with them. I guess I need more fun games. Every teacher I've asked has suggested Duck, Duck, Goose. Which seems odd to me since it's not educational. Also, we are in the tiniest classroom and there is no way we could play in the room. Let me know if you have other suggestions! We are singing lots of fun songs, but she missed all that. That's too bad.

Bedtime for me! But, here are a few pics of the cuties and one of Mr. Lay. I tried to get some singing, but the video turned out crappy. Trying again tomorrow. And no, I did not tell them to throw up the peace sign. They do it all on their own. It's the Asian way.




Oh, and my class is Cherry class and today I made a "Cherry Family Tree" with pictures of the kids family for the hallway. I don't think I've ever been prouder of anything. Seriously. I think it's so awesome. It's a work in progress. Behold:



Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment