18 March 2012

Rainbow Mullet

Happy St. Patrick's Day from Korea!!! My St. Patrick's Day is actually over, but for people in the US, the drinking is probably still going on. Crazy.

I didn't do a lot of hardcore drinking yesterday...just wasn't feeling it. Also, I didn't want to feel like death this week so I've decided to skip drinking for a while. I know, I am soooo boring. Don't care. I woke up today at 7, went back to sleep until 12, had a snack and went back to sleep until 2:30. It was awesome. Except I was having a very weird, disturbing dream and I didn't like that. I have really strange dreams here. They are seriously so bizarre. Last nights involved me and a family (not my real family, but mine in the dream) running away from a killer and lots of people getting shot. Didn't enjoy that at all.

Anyway, St. Pats was not as crazy as I thought it would be here. Probably because actual Koreans don't celebrate, it's only the crazy foreigners. There was a festival with Irish dancing and music. It was actually kind of nice out, so it was a lot of fun to sit and watch the bands. One was all Korean, and I thought it was pretty fantastic they were playing an Irish jig. It was also fantastic watching all the drunks people trying to do an Irish dance. I mean, I guess they thought it was just jumping up and down, so that is what was happening. Maybe it, I don't really know a lot about Irish dancing but Riverdance seems a little more complicated than that.

After the festival, I got dinner with friends and took the bus home. All in all, a fun day. I can't wait for the Cinco de Mayo festival!!! Latin music blasting in a Korean park somewhere sounds like a blast!!! I have some pictures from the festival, but I'm too lazy to upload them right now. You'd think with all the sleep I'd be more energetic, but not really. There was a guy in a pretty awesome rainbow mullet running around. He was actually a friend of a friend and it was hilarious until he got suuuuper drunk and started spilling things on people. And then he took his shirt off and it wasn't cute anymore.

Afterschool classes start this week. Wish me luck! Still haven't gotten my actual classes down yet...should be interesting teaching things I have no idea about. I mean, I know my letters and numbers. But science fun? Uh oh. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment