14 March 2012

Whipped Butter

I am beginning to wonder if Koreans know how real cake tastes. We keep having cake at school and it looks so delicious and I'm all, yummm, caaaakkkkeeeeee. The cake is all eeeeaaaatttt me and I agree and then the cake just tastes like bread and whipped butter, even though it looks like mocha sugary yumminess. It is SUCH a disappointment. Really, it's so very sad. And I keep trying it because I'm like, maybe this time the baker remembered to put in the sugar, but they never do. Such a shame. Arent' there any bakers in Korea that have been to America or another country with sugar and tasted how fantastic cake and frosting can be? The cookies are the same...very flat and sad tasting. I think they're all just confused though, because today my Korean co-teacher was describing a banana to the class and kept calling it sweet. Bananas are delicious and nutritious, but sweet? No. This is coming from a candy addict, so I know what's up.

Speaking of candy, feel free to buy a bunch of Easter candy when it goes on sale next month and send it this way. Specifically jelly beans. Specifically Starburst jelly beans. And JellyBelly..specifically Very Cherry, Watermelon, and Top Banana flavored JellyBelly jellybeans. If you're feeling generous and nice and want me to love you forever, ship em on over. Oh, and those sourpatch watermelon things. Please, don't send Peeps, Cadbury Creme eggs, or malt eggs. Those are gross. And if you're feeling especially generous, throw a box of Crispix in there. I would LOVE me some Crispix right now. I would probably eat it every meal. I am already over my Iron Chef Korea phase...it got old pretty quick and eating out is expensive. Crispix is the perfect solution. Who really loves me? :) Email me for the address.

For those of you don't really love me, but read anyway and are mildly concerned about my well-being, I am feeling MUCH better these days. The fever is gone and I actually had some energy today. It was  a lovely change. However, I am still astounded at the amount of mucus that is coming out of me. It is insane. Where is it all coming from?No idea. And,  I am still having sleeping problems, but hope to get that remedied when I can finally go to the doctor next week. I will finally get my alien resident card next week so I can hopefully go to the doctor and get a phone. But maybe not since I still won't have money until April. So we'll see.

Speaking of money, I can't wait until get some. Mainly so I can buy more food and start bringing my own food for lunch. Like I said, I am usually down for trying things at school but I might also be getting over that phase as well. Especially when I'm feeling under the weather. I mean, if I'm feeling miserable, I'm really sorry, but I just cannot handle eating broiled squid, kimchi, quail eggs and bean sprout salad for lunch. I know, I know. I'm inflexible, non adventurous, picky, whiny, whatever. Don't care. Even on a good day, I don't know that I would put a quail egg in my mouth. It does amuse me, however, to watch the kids eat because they eat all of that. Please, people of America, try to get your 4 year old to eat quail eggs for lunch. Let me know how that goes.

Oh yeah, I found out that all my kids are 4 in "American" age. Crazy! Such babies! But I'm impressed with them. We had no crying today, everyone uses the toilet by themselves and everyone can write their name. I have no idea what age kids starting doing that stuff in the US but either way, I'm amazed such a tiny person can really, do anything by themselves. And today I found out that tiny people really like to shake their sillies out. It was sooo funny!! The kids lost their minds! It was awesome. I only wish I had Raffi to sing for them. There is not a lot of Raffi music on YouTube over here (no idea why not) so I had to use the Wiggles. They are not as great but it was still pretty fun.

Today we found out what we have to do for our after school programs and that stuff is going to be such a bitch!!!! It sucks because it's an hour and a half and there is no book to use so I have to make up everything. Luckily, I have 3 classes and each one is only once a week. Unluckily, one of the classes is science. Not that I hate science, but I haven't done anything science-y in a looong time. Also, I was finding videos and materials to use today for the life cycle of a butterfly and science is gross. Watching a caterpillar make a cocoon is disgusting. So are the words pupa and larva. So far, science is grossing me out. I couldn't bring myself to watch anything actually being born so we are just going to skip over all that. Sorry kids, someone else will have to teach you the miracle of life.

My other class is speech, which should be pretty easy..it actually does have a book. But the last one is "Speech with Fairy Tales" which is as vague and stupid as it sounds. I have no idea how I'm going to fill an hour and a half AND apparently at the end of the 6 weeks, we have to have a script and make a video. Oh, and there are two kids in the class. Anyone know of any two character fairy tales? Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is out, obviously. My favorite part was my supervisor, who is the most vague, ridiculous person ever (this seems to be common in Korea) was all, oh I'm sure you can come up with good ideas since you have experience. Mmmm, not sure where she got her information from but I do not have any experience in science, speech or fairy tale teaching. Also, every time I talk to her, she adds more to the list of things I am supposed to do. So I'm going to stop talking to her.

Anyway, things are good. Still waiting on it to get warmer. Learned my lesson last weekend and will not be venturing outside again for more than 15-20 minutes at a time until it gets at least in the 60s. Not even kidding.

Dream big people! Send candy and cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment