19 October 2008

Best Week Ever

Only not really. It was actually a pretty terrible week. But it's over now and next week will be better. Really, I was just watching Best Week Ever on VH1 and that show is hilarious! I kind of have this love/hate relationship with VH1. I am totally in love with some of the shows...like Best Week Ever, I Love the 80s (and 90s, 70s and all the spin offs) and the fact they are playing Drumline on Saturday afternoon. However, some of the shows are SO lame. Like, it hurts me to watch them. The only time I ever do is when I see clips on other shows or Liz is watching one of them and I happen to pass through the living room. Other than that, I steer clear. I tend to get really emotionally involved when I watch TV. It' not a good thing. I can't stand watching people look stupid or embarrass themselves. I also really hate watching people argue. I think that might have something to do with listening to my parents argue a lot as a kid, but it makes me cringe. That is why I had such a hard time watching the debate on Wednesday. I tried, I really did. I feel like that is what I'm supposed to be doing as an educated American...watching the debate and then having opinions and discussing it afterwards. But for the most part, I couldn't deal with it. I mean, I think politics is stupid anyways. GASP! I know, so unAmerican...but no one tells the truth and everyone is full of bologna and the fact that Sarah Palin and her big moron self is even on the ticket just makes sad for the entire political system. Seeing her on SNL made me like her even less. Don't get me wrong though, I am pretty excited about getting to take part in an unprecedentedly (is that a word?) exciting and close race. I think whatever happens is going to be crazy and it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. But, whatever, hopefully I won't even be around when the new president is inaugurated. Still really hoping to be out of the country as soon as possible.

Not much going on this weekend. The weather was bad yesterday, but it is back to being amazing today. I was considering a divorce for a bit, but I think we are going to be able to work things out.

I watched October Sky this weekend. Back in high school, that was my favorite movie. I used to watch it like, everyday. So weird, right? I don't know what it was, but I loved it! I think I was probably the only high schooler that was in love with it, thus probably making me Jake Gyllenhaal's first fan. So he should probably come find me and marry me. I'll be here waiting Jake! Also I love the music in it. We can dance to it at our wedding. It'll be awesome.

I am so irritated with some of the stupid people that I've been talking to about living here. Some people are so rude and retarded and I don't understand how they don't know proper etiquette when it comes to conversing with someone about possibly living in their house. If you say you are going to come by at 2:00, fucking come by at 2:00 or at least call and say you aren't going to be able to make it. It is not that hard assholes.

AH! The Animal Shelter just called me and told me I get to be a foster parent for a puppy for the next two weeks!!! So exciting! This could be disastrous, but I'm thinking it could be super fun as well. Woo hoo, crazy times! We'll see how it goes and I will definitely put up pics sometime next week. Hopefully this will make next week a great week! We'll see...more later. Sorry this post was so ridiculous and random. My life is not that interesting these days. What are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment