12 October 2008

Slightly Pathetic

Right, so I decided that I like being tagged. Mainly because I like writing about myself. Also, it gives me an excuse to post without having to come up with something to talk about. However, because of my limited number of blogger friends (I've got about 1 right now), I don't get tagged very often. So I just stole this tag from another blog I was reading and decided to tag myself. I don't know if that is allowed but I don't care because the 4-5 people that read this probably don't care. They also probably don't care about reading about me, but again, I'm not that concerned. Writing this is mainly therapy for me anyways, so here we go...

8 things I'm passionate about:
I'm really not that passionate about anything, but here are things I would really like/care about and could possibly lead to passion down the road...
1. Music. I love music. And like I said earlier, I love analyzing songs and applying them to my life. Songs can make me cry, but they can also make me really happy.
2. Dancing. Kind of ties in with music. I freaking love dancing and wish I could do it for a living. I would love nothing more than to be on "Dancing with Normal, Everyday People" (its a new show that needs to be developed.) I also really want to dance with Ellen one day and learn the final dance from Dirty Dancing Havana Nights.
3. Writing. I love writing and really want to find a job one day that is a combination of writing, traveling and helping people. That would be awesome.
4. Traveling. I got a little taste in college and want nothing more than to bust up out of the US and go to every country. Seriously. Every single one. I need to get started.
5. Helping people. I like doing the behind the scenes stuff and not the emotional stuff. Like when I do Habitat stuff, I want to hammer and build...not talk to the people. I know, I'm so cold.
6. Reading. Man, I sound like kind of a loser, but there is really nothing better than reading a really good book. I think I am one of a very small amount of 23 year olds that actually utilizes their library card. Awesome, right?
7. My friends and family. I have some really super awesome ones. For real. I don't know how I got so lucky but sometimes my friends just rock my face off. I just wish they all lived closer and not so damn far away. Thank goodness for the internet and cell phones.
8. Women's rights. Well, people's rights in general I guess. Equality is the way to go. I really want to figure out a way to turn this passion into a career. Any thoughts?

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Travel to every country. I'm hoping science will advance and I'll live a long time, but still be healthy and able. And if that doesn't work, at least go everywhere cool. And I need a shit ton of money.
2. Have a huge, extravagant, bomb ass party for myself. Or a wedding. The wedding might not happen...so I'm not going to limit myself in the event that I will just have to throw an amazing party for myself.
3. Have something published. (this kind of sounds like my bucket list...)
4. Be on TV, in a movie or a play. I guess I need to get an agent.
5. Live on the beach. Not near it...on it. Somewhere that has ridiculously high house insurance.
6. Have something named after me. A friend of my mom's has a scholarship at Notre Dame in her name. I think PC will someday have a jacky g scholarship of awesomeness. I, of course, will decide the criteria. It will involve being awesome.
7. Give money back to places that are important to me...PC, Camp Cherokee, Camp Greenville, my elementary and high schools (not middle, middle school was awful).
8. Fly first class and get wasted on free champagne.

8 things I say often:
1. And....
2. like,
3. Cuss words...I am such a potty mouth!
4. Ok, love you...bye (when talking on the phone)
5. Seriously
6. I know, right?
7. Are you freaking kidding me?!
8. Hi. Can I help you? Who are you taking a test for? Do you have a picture ID with you? Please sign in. Thank you, it will be just a second. (my standard greeting at the pee farm)

8 artists I never tire of listening to:
1. Matt Nathanson
2. Belinda Carlisle (really just Heaven on Earth)
3. Van Morrison
4. Will Hoge
5. Jack Johnson
6. Counting Crows
7. Classical (more of a genre, really)
8. 80s (also a genre...sorry)

8 TV shows I love:
1. Scrubs
2. The Office
3. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4. 30 Rock
5. Arrested Development
6. The Colbert Report
7. Til Death
8. I love the 80s & 70s (the Vh1 series)
See a pattern? Not a big TV person...but I love me some comedy

8 Things I learned in 2008:
1. I learned a lot about drugs and how they metabolize in your body. Fascinating, I know. I'll tell you all about it someday.
2. I am not as strong or as smart as I thought I was
3. Being a college graduate is not all that fabulous...and I'm not alone in thinking that.
4. You really have to make things happen for yourself.
5. A LOT of people in Charleston County do drugs. Way more than I thought.
6. Just because you are nice to people, it does not mean they are going to be nice back.
7. The real world is expensive
8. You really have to hold tight onto people and things that matter.

Who am I gonna tag?
Haha, umm...my one blogger friend...Sarah! And anyone else that reads this. Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, i'm sure you have more than one blogger friend...stay posted (no pun intended...i'm a nerd) for my tag.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete