10 October 2008

One Step at a Time

Quick survey: Does anyone else try to figure out a way to make pretty much any and every song they hear apply to your life? Show of hands. Just me? Ok. Well, yeah, I'm weird but I am constantly hearing songs and being like, Yeah! That's me! I totally agree (insert artist's name here)! Or, sometimes, I even will hunt down a song that applies to whatever life situation I am in at the time. It happens more frequently when I'm feeling sad or profound, so right now I'm digging on that new Leona Lewis song...I don't even know the name of it, but it's about moving on because you have to. Also, I'm all about the Jordin Sparks song, "One Step At a Time." Because a wise friend was telling me that I really just have to take my life one day at time and figure out how to get through each day and not worry so much about what is going to happen in the future. I do that a lot. I also let myself get overwhelmed and think about every negative thing that could possibly or is going on and then I just lose it. Again, you would think I would learn after these episodes happen repeatedly...but I don't. So yeah, I need to figure out how to retain information.


Long story short, I'm feeling A LOT better. I am keeping myself busy and happy and I really think stuff really did happen for a reason and everything is going to work out for the best. It's also nice to know that even though some people don't appreciate you and love you for all you're worth...some people do. I have amazing friends and they are being awesome and helping me out even though they have gone through all this mess before. And, in case you were wondering...I am actually talking about more than one person. But we don't need to get into all that.


I also officially decided I am more mad at the other person. Because I didn't do anything wrong and I was actually a fabulous significant other or whatever I was. Or friend in some situations. But I can't change people. Even though I'm smarter and cooler, not every one thinks like me. Which is unfortunate, but I'm learning how to accept the things I cannot change. And I will smile because I deserve to, thank you.

In more normal, less dramatic news...my foot is covered in ant bites and it freaking HURTS. I kind of want to cut my foot off. I feel like that would probably not be best in the long run though. That would probably just add to my problems...esp since I still don't have health insurance. I'm thinking it could be problematic. Thoughts?

And, OH MY GOSH-I dealt with the most RIDICULOUS person this morning. Seriously, such a bitch. Two bitches actually. But, I don't feel like writing about it so I'll do it tomorrow. For now, my burning foot and I are going to bed.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment