13 October 2008

Just call if you need us

Right, so I know I've been a posting fool these days. I mean, things have been happening, so I have stuff to write about AND my super amazing, extremely smart and technologically savvy self just installed the wireless router at our house. ALL BY MYSELF. Yes. So, I finally get to use my computer at the house and it's awesome. So that means I don't have to post at work, or sit in the awkward chair using my sister's computer. I get to use mine! And I love my computer, so I'm going to use it as much as possible. And I have stuff I want to share. So here goes.

First off, I never told about the ridiculous woman I encountered the other day. I have told the story about 10 times this week and the more I tell it, the more I realize that it's not all that funny or interesting, so I'll give the abridged version. Basically I went to do an on-site collection in someone's house and the girl I was testing was a big fat bitch and was giving me a lot of attitude. But she wasn't the biggest problem...her cousin (who was probably 40) was sitting in the room when I walked in and got all pissy with me because I "didn't say good morning" to her or her mother. I mean, I walked into their house so you'd think they would greet me first but they didn't so, I didn't say anything to them. Whatever. But she would NOT drop it! She kept saying something about it! Finally, when I was almost finished, I had as much as I could take and was just like, "Look, I don't need a manners lecture from you!" And then she got REAL mad and started yelling some more and demanded that she call my boss, blah blah. So I gave her the number, walked out and of course, told everyone goodbye and to have a lovely day. She yelled after me to have a blessed day because I obviously needed the lord in my life. Right. That is exactly what I need. I think I need a new job, actually but whatever. Anyways, best part is that she called my boss/dad and he shut her down so fast, haha! He was pretty much like, yeah, it's not her job to say good morning and that since she wasn't even the one being tested, it's really not any of her concern. BURN.

I signed up for the TEFL course, so in just a few short hours (40 maybe) I will be certified to teach English abroad! I am proud of myself because I am finally taking a step towards to doing what I really want to do and what I've been saying I'm going to for the last year and a half. So go me.

And lastly, my faith in humanity has been restored by an act of kindness today. I decided I was going to walk to Whole Foods (which I thought was really far, but is only 2 miles) today, even though the weather was not looking so good. But I made up my mind, so off I went. I made it there fine but on the way back it started pouring down rain...of course. So I'm standing on the side of the road, under a business awning and this CARTA bus that is going by just stops in the middle of the road (Coleman Blvd) and starts honking for me to get on! Haha, the driver was holding up traffic and everything, just so I didn't have to stand in the rain. So awesome..made my weekend. And then, she dropped me off right in front of my house. How fabulous is that? I got off and she was just like, ok, just call carta whenever you need us. I love it.

Wow. So I just got really sad. It comes in waves and one just hit me big time. Still having a hard time processing that someone I care about is completly wiped out of my life and is ok with that.

Shake it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment