23 May 2010

I love LA

Going to Tarantino this post and go backwards. Here we go. 

Wooo, Dodgers game last night! So fun! Here are some highlights:

-It was "Empire Strikes Back Night" so the first pitch was thrown by Chewbacca and some Storm Troopers. Amazing! Apparently the movie came out 30 years ago. Sorry, still haven't seen it. But, free posters were being given away. Fun! I gave mine to the person I went with. They also "Star Wars-ized" the players when their picture was on the Jumbo-tron and did other random Star Wars things that were both ridiculous and hilarious.

-Someone got proposed to on the Kiss Cam! Too cute!

-Dustin Hoffman was also on the Kiss Cam....he was making out hardcore, it was totally hilarious.

-This random man in front of me turned around at the end of the game and hit me in the leg with his rolled up Star Wars poster. Then he looked up and realized I was not his daughter, who was sitting next to me. So funny. And I got to hit him back.

-They played 'Don't Stop Believing' for everyone to sing along too (they even had the words up on the scoreboard!) and the camera was on this fantastic goober up on the top row, singing along and getting really into it. He was awesome.

-The guy that sang the national anthem and God Bless America was TERRIBLE! He was the voice of someone in the cartoon version of The Empire Strikes Back. I can't believe we are in HOLLYWOOD and they couldn't find anyone better to sing. Oh well...it was still entertaining.

-The Dodgers won! Hooray! 4-1, against the Detroit Tigers.

-Our tickets were $9...amazing! I love cheap fun.

Anyways, that was my Friday. Thursday I went to a bar in Long Beach to see a friend of a friend's band play. There were three other bands playing and they were all REALLY good. Also, the bar we were in is where they film the bar scenes in True Blood. So that was exciting. Especially since I just watched the first few episodes of that crazy show last weekend, so I totally recgonized it. Hooray!

Wednesday I had another happy hour that turned into a happy all night affair...only this time with less drinking. I went out with some students for sushi and it was so fun watching this guy from Israel try to manuevor his chopsticks. He eventually broke down and got a fork. Then there was a little party for another student's birthday and that was super fun. I taught them some awesome drinking games. The first one is "Guess What Number I'm Thinking Of," which was made up on a road trip I took with crazy camp people a few years ago. The students didn't really think it was all that fun, but whatever, they're foreign, they don't know any better. Then I taught them Circle of Death (or Kings) and they all thought I was crazy, but it was still fun.

Tuesday nothing interesting happened. Monday we went to dinner at Bubba Gumps, which was uncomfortably touristy, but they had the best staff singing birthday song I have ever heard. You can also order cocktails in light up glasses that you can take home, so that's always a good time as well.

Ok, well now it's 10:00 on Saturday morning and I have no idea why I'm up this early. But, I've got some shit to do today, so I'm going to get to it. By that, I mean clean my room and make myself some lunch. Exciting!

Dream big people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment