20 May 2010

You're gonna like me

Yay, a new ridiculous website!
http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

And here is my favorite entry so far: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/04/07/swingtown/
Oh man, that made me literally lol at work. That poor kid! Haha, it's fantastic! Some of the pictures on there make me cringe a little, but that one was hysterical.

As a side note, PLEASE do not ever let me take pregnant belly pictures, in the event I ever decide to get pregnant. If I do take them, be totally uninterested when I show them to you. For real, I might have to learn the hard way that pregnant belly pictures are awkward and WRONG.
Ok, just wanted to share! Nothing really interesting going on here. Wait, I can probably think of something.

OH yes, I forgot to share my awesome metro story from Saturday night. It isn't as fun as the last metro story I had, and it is nowhere close to the most interesting thing that happened that night, but I'm going to share anyways.

So there is this really short man wandering around the metro station asking people for money. As a general rule, I don't give people money unless I am getting something in return. And it has to involve a legit cash register. Whatever, anyways, I may or may not have been a little tipsy (you decide) and was eating a European croissant (to be said in a European accent, you know the one) I had recently purchased at Famima!, the best convenience store ever. I was feeling generous, so I asked the name if he wanted the rest of my croissant. And you know what he told me? Not only did he not want it, but he told me he ONLY eats steak and potatoes! I mean really! Come on, it was all the way from EUROPE! Just kidding...obviously, in hindsight, it was probably a little rude/presumptuous to offer someone half-eaten food, but if I were walking around begging people for spare change, I, for one, would not turn down food. And I certainly would not have the attitude that anything but steak and potatoes is too below me to eat. For starters, only eating steak and potatoes is not healthy, you need fruits and vegetables as well. Furthermore, you would have to collect A LOT of spare change from people before you could feasibly feed yourself ONLY steak and potatoes. And that is if you only ate it like, every 3 days. Anyways, point is, people are total goobers. He was later trying to relate to this ridiculously tall man (6'5'' or something) about how it's hard to get girls when you're really short AND when you're really tall. The tall guy was like, ok, whatever. And I was all, it's probably hard to get girls when you have to ask strangers for change to pay for a date (that was what I was thinking) and will only take a girl out for steak and potatoes.

As a parting note, I would like to discuss the TV I watched yesterday. First, I watched Ellen and was laughing hysterically at Steve Carrell. His impression of his son was so fabulous. The rest of the show was obviously fabulous as well, they always are. I still get really jealous of the guests, but it's getting more bearable. Then I watched the tail end of American Idol and was pretty excited because they sang some of my favorite songs, especially one by my boy Eric Hutchinson! I talked about him a looong time ago and how much I loved his CD and yay for AI for picking good songs. And yay for me for being cool and hip by being into music BEFORE it goes all mainstream. And one guy sang Hallelujah, which is a fave as well. It has been a fave for a very long time now, thank you very much. Lastly, I watched Glee and it is just making me so happy. It seriously is so funny! Well, Rachel annoys me pretty bad and it can have it's depressing moments (ugh, irreversible spinal cord injuries are SO depressing!), but singing the Safety Dance song makes everything better.

Thank you, that is all.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment