01 July 2010

Bipolar much?

Ok, so the last post was also kind of a sham because literally as soon as I wrote it the Grease Sing Along was canceled :( Very sad. Instead I stayed at home and watched "My Sister's Keeper" which is pretty much the most depressing movie I've seen in a really long time. I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are in the mood for crying.

And since then things have just kind of gone downhill. I am REALLY frustrated with LA right now. Like, ready to leave frustrated. I'm not going to, I'm going to stick it out for a little while longer, but I'm put out with this crazy city. Oh, and all my teams are out of the World Cup! I don't know who to cheer for anymore! The only one left is the Netherlands but I don't know if they are going to make it past Brazil. UGH.

First off, I definitely am having a love/hate relationship with this whole car thing. Don't get me wrong, life is SO much better with a car. I can go (most) places in a sensible amount of time, I can buy more than two bags of groceries, I can get to work in 5 minutes, seriously, the possibilities are endless! But parking. Parking is another story. Parking in this city, especially Santa Monica is the most ridiculous clusterfuck of nonsense I have EVER experienced. Maybe it's my down home Southerness coming through, but it is incredible to me that someone (me) cannot drive to work and just park their damn car for free and be done without. No, that would be waaay too easy. Instead, here are your options: A) you pay $7 (YES-$7...you can buy entire meals for less money than that) to park in the parking garage. B) You park really fucking far away in the residential area. BUT-only after a certain time and NOT on Wednesday from 12-2 because that is when they have STREET CLEANING. That shit kills me the most. Street cleaning. So if you LIVE on one of those streets you cannot leave your car outside your house at a certain time because a big truck has to come by to sweep away the leaves. No wonder California is in a massive budget crisis. Or, C) You can park for two hours, leave work re-park for another two hours , and repeat two more times before you can finally go home. WHAT THE HELLLLL. I wanted to murder someone today. And yesterday I almost did. I took the car to get an oil change and it took TWO hours! Two! Hours!

And just in general, LA is soooo frustrating! The interstate is ALWAYS backed up, parking is retarded (and rarely free...they valet for coffee shops here!), people drive like idiots, and honk their horns way too much. It is crazy expensive here and the weather SUCKS ASS. Apparently it's just "June Gloom" but in approximately one hour June is officially over and that better mean when I wake up tomorrow the weather is fucking awesome and it better stay fucking awesome for the entire month of July. It was 59 degrees today. FIFTY NINE! In June! And windy and overcast and that weird rainy it gets here. UNACCEPTABLE! Also, people are totally weird here. More on that another time, but I will say this: I hate hipsters. They are stupid, ugly, self-righteous and I can't wait until skinny jeans are out of style, amoung other things. Like those weird barefoot shoes, Uggs, leggings as pants, and those really ugly shoes Miley Cyrus has been sporting a lot lately.

I digress. Even with all that, driving is a hundred million times better than the bus. Maybe not for going to work, but for everything else, yes. But, I won't have to contend with traffic after Friday, when I give the car back :( All the other crap will still be there though.

Oh well...in other news: tomorrow we are having a Fourth of July party at school and I made apple pies. Can't get more American than that, right? Only I left out the butter on accident so I don't know if they are still going to be that great. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Oh, and I got a pay cut at work. AWESOME!

I seriously need to figure out how to get out of here. Unless Ellen hires me SOON, then I'm going to bounce. Soon. Ish.

So tired now. Time for bed.

Dream big people! My birthday is in exactly 4 weeks! Plenty of time to book a flight, send a card or buy a present. Just saying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment