06 July 2010

Right Now

Right now, I hate being a girl. I hate a lot of things right now, actually. I like some things too, but I'm rather grumpy. We'll start with the bad stuff first, shall we?

Let me just tell you a little story. So my awesome friend lets me borrow her car for a week. I think, I'll go get it washed for her. I'll just find a gas station with a car wash attached and just zip on through and that will be that. Easy enough, right? WRONG. First off, there is apparently only one gas station with a car wash attached in this area. I don't really want to take it to a regular car wash because they are way more expensive and I am a do it yourself kind of girl. So I go to the ONLY one around here and there is a LINE. A line. At a gas station car wash. What the hell? I don't have time to sit in a line the first time, so I decide to go back another day. Another day, another line. Still don't have a lot of time. Today, though, I had lots of time. So I suck it up and decide to go sit in the stupid line. I finally make it to the front and I go to pay and it doesn't take credit cards! WHAT THE FUCK?!??! And of course, the cheapest wash is $7 and guess how much cash I have. Six fucking dollars. I was furious. This LA people! And it's 2010! Why can't I use a card? Why is there no fucking sign somewhere that says I can only pay cash? Why does this city hate me?????? I drive off angry and the car has still not been washed. I am constantly amazed at how often I need cash in this stupid city. Quarters especially. The laundry room only takes quarters and of course there is no change machine...that would be too easy. LA is all about making my life as difficult as possible.

For more bad news, I just ate three biscuits. I can't seem to get un-hungry. I hate birth control. And not to beat a dead horse, but it was fucking freezing today. It is JULY and it's like, 60. This makes me so angry. Also, my weird hand disease is coming back in bits and pieces. It's most disturbing.

Now for the good news: I finally got a chair for my room! Now I have somewhere to sit, other than my "bed" and I feel like a grown up sitting at my desk, using my computer. I also got some pretty flowers and figured out how to control my curtains. My room is coming along nicely. I don't know how long I'm actually going to stay in it, but it's looking good. I also had the day off, which means a four day work week! Always good. My fourth wasn't anything exciting, but I did watch fireworks from above LA and that was kind of cool. Not the same as watching real fireworks (my favorite) but it was a new and interesting thing to see them going off from above, all at the same time. Kind of hard to explain.

And as an aside, this time last year, I was starting my ill-fated stint as an Au Pair in Greece. Is anyone else blown away at how much things can change in a year? This summer may not involve cute Dutch boys and the best tan of my life, but it's got to be better than last years. I'm just hoping for a better birthday. And no broken bones. Fingers crossed.

That's really it I guess. Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but I can't seem to shake this bad mood. Everything seems to be working against me these days and I'm wondering when that shit is going to stop. I went through a really good cycle, though, so I guess I just have to go through the bad one and wait for the good to come back around.

Dream big (slash good) people!

No comments:

Post a Comment