12 July 2010

It was a good try Netherlands

So this has officially been the lamest weekend of my entire life. Seriously. It was so terrible. But whatever, now it's over and a new week is beginning. Not that this week promises to be any better, but the sun did come out a little today, so maybe it will show itself the rest of the week and at least that will make things more bearable.

Right now, I'm really tired. I have no idea why, as I literally did nothing today. Maybe I got worn out from my disappointment watching the World Cup. Not only did my team lose, but it was a pretty sad little game all around. Spain scored a good goal, but things were just sloppy and kind of un-exciting overall. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, I'm a USA fan first, but they didn't make it, so I had to get on board with someone else. I've been to Spain and I liked it, but I have a soft spot for the Netherlands for a lot of reasons. At least they put up a good fight.

Anyways, I have something random to talk about. I read the article online about Michael Vick and have some questions. Well, first off, let me say this: Michael Vick is really unattractive. Really really. Ok, so basically the article is saying that he was supposed to go to this charity event and then this camp for kids and he couldn't because his parole officer wouldn't let him. Both events were upset about him being there. He could make his birthday bash that was a few weeks prior, in another state, but wasn't able to leave the state for these things. Suspect. The birthday also included a "shooting incident" so that's always a good thing.

Another NFL player that was at the charity thing was all, oh I really admire his charitable works. I am not really on the up and up with Vick and his charitable efforts (or his career really, I randomly stumbled up on this article) but I don't think by NOT showing up to a charity event is really doing anyone any good. But my real question is with this kids camp. The guy that runs it is all, oh we are so disappointed, the kids were promised autographs, etc. Also, he says they try to teach the kids about integrity and other such values and canceling appearances doesn't really jive with all that. But, seriously? What the hell? You have a camp about football that also incorporates integrity lessons and you invited a CONVICTED FELON to come meet the kids? You couldn't find anyone else in the whole wide football world to come show these kids what character is all about? Jeez, I feel like they would have been better off getting a high school or college player that participates in mandatory Habitat for Humanity once a month to come throw the ball around with the campers. I am shocked as to why camp directors thought this was a good idea.

I am also so sad that a convicted felon is allowed to play professional football and make 50 times the amount of money I do. I already have problems with stupid "professional athletes," but ones that are also felons really get me steamed. Word on the street is he is not even that good. Salt on the wound.

Anyways, just thought I would share. I'm trying to figure out ways to make my life interesting again so I have something good to write about for you lovely people. In the meantime, I'll just comment on things that I find interesting and/or ridiculous.

Dream big people! (Especially Dutch people, keep your chin up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment