08 July 2010

For Good

That is the song I am currently listening to, from "Wicked," my most favorite musical ever. And also a very good song in general. Kind of fits a theme in my life lately. I don't feel like talking about it.

My foul mood has continued, sadly enough. I can't really seem to shake it. I'm pretty angry with the world right now. A lot of it has to do with this shit-tastic weather we are continuing to have. It was, once again, cold and rainy here in Santa Monica. Santa fucking Monica! Where is the damn sun?! There are other things too, but I don't feel like talking about those either.

Instead, I'm going to chronicle the July 4th's of the past five years. Fun, huh?! I just was thinking about it the other day and thought it was mildly interesting. So instead of things that make me angry, I'm just going to talk about things that have happened in the past that no one really cares about. Just for kicks. So here goes.

2005: I don't really remember. I know I was in Columbia,and I was transitioning between CHAMPS and Camp Greenville. Obviously, it wasn't that fantastic.

2006: I was actually at Camp Greenville for this one. They set off fireworks from the floating dock and had a candy drop from a helicopter. Then we went to Pretty Place and watched the fireworks in Greenville from above. It was kind of strange.

2007: At the A Bar A ranch in Wyoming. July 4th there was actually a good time. Lots of fireworks, but kind of a strange picnic. I think all of Wyoming came (it was like, 300 people) and they served grilled chicken and green beans or something stupid. I was confused as to why there were no hot dogs! Oh, and there was cherry and blueberry pie. Where was the apple?!

2008: In Charleston for the first time in a long time. Got to watch fireworks at the fire station, which is my favorite place to watch them. And I spent it on the beach, which is where you are supposed to be on the 4th!

2009: On a plane going from Milan, Italy to Athens, Greece. No fireworks were involved, it was very sad. It was also the kick off to one of the worst July's I have ever had....with some very bright spots though.

2010: Watched fireworks from above Los Angeles. Weird, but good. Oh, and the high was like, 65. Pretty sure it's the coldest 4th I've ever had.

Well that was stupid. Sorry to put you through that. I think I'm just trying to remind myself that even though things suck right now, they have been better before. And that I'm interesting. I need to be reminded sometimes.

Anyhoo, my birthday is in THREE weeks! Surely things will improve by then. :)

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment