21 July 2010

Shit Storm

People.

Work is out of control. There is no other way to explain it. Actually, there is...I have been describing it as a shit storm of chaos. I know, I have such a poetic way with words. I can't even explain it really. But to put things in perspective, the most students we've had up until this summer was about 25. There were weeks when there were 15. Last week it jumped up to 45. This week, it jumped to 75. SEVENTY FIVE! And it two weeks, it will be at 95. I really don't know what I'm going to do! As soon as I get one problem solved, I turn around and someone is there with a new, bigger, more complicated problem. It's crazyness. And on top of all the problem solving, I am still expected to continue on with the day to day tasks. There is really just not enough time in the day or enough of me to go around. I don't hate it...and I definitely like being busy, but it's frustrating not being able to get everything done. Also, it's exhausting. Plus, now all the students hate me because they think I'm mean and won't help them with their issues. Ad it's not that I don't want to help, but I really just don't have the time any more to deal with whiners. If you have serious problems, let's talk. If you want to complain because you apartment doesn't have enough of an ocean view, I don't want o hear it.

So that's work. In other news, I had a lovely weekend in San Diego. The company was great, the weather was awesome and I read a entertaining little book. Now I'm back and LA and I hate to say it, but the weather sucks again. But I won't go into details.

I will say that in just a few short hours it is ONE WEEK until my birthday! Hooray!!! I'm excited and I know you are too. Here are some gift suggestions if you are at a loss:

Starburst jelly beans (I cannot find ANY in this stupid town! Trust me, I've looked at like, 6 different stores)
Gift cards...I'm so broke
Pretty jewelry (cheap is fine)
Good books
Pretty flowers
Sky miles
Alcohol
Fun things
A bed (if you're feeling generous)
A car (if you're feeling REALLY generous)
A visit from YOU!
Anything at all really

Ok, well contact me if you are still stuck and/or need my address.

Dream big people! :)

1 comment: