30 July 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Man, HOORAY for birthdays! This one was FANTASTIC and the fun is not even over yet!

Yesterday was so lovely. I woke up, and guess what I saw? THE SUN! It was out and shining just for me! Thank you Mother Nature! :) Then, I went to work and got cupcakes from my awesome friend Rachel! I have only eaten one, but it was fantastically delicious and now I have another one to look forward too. Some of the students told me Happy Birthday, but not all of them because some of them hate me. But that's ok. One really likes me because he brought me flowers! How awesome and special is that? I love getting flowers a whole whole lot and it make me feel really great. That was really nice of him. Also nice, one of the afternoon teachers made me a cake and her class sang for me! It was truly magical. My boss also gave me a Starbucks gift card (where I got a free drink) and a chocolate muffin. All my male co-workers made fun of me for making such a big deal about my birthday, but they can suck it. Your special day is your special day! You only get one a year and you being born is a fantastic reason to celebrate! I only wish I could do it more often. Don't let the haters get you down!

I also got lots of lovely text messages, facebook posts, and phone calls from my amazing friends. Really made me feel special. Then, after work, the teachers and I headed to a bar where I got more birthday love in the form of shots. Yesssss. Then I took my drunk birthday self home and went to bed at a surprisingly early hour (you get tired early when you start drinking at 5). It was a struggle, but I did manage to get myself out of bed this morning, shower AND get to work on time. Impressive, I know. Having overdosed on sugar the day before, my stomach was not pleased with me. But I forged on. I did, however, leave my keys at the office the day before so that was kind of stupid. This was prior to Happy Hour. I think I was drunk on sugar.

Oh, AND last night when I got home, I had all sorts of fantastic mail including the best gift box ever from my Mom, with stuff thrown in from my aunt and brother. I was having a drunken field day opening it all! The paper was all strewn about my room when I dragged myself out of bed the next day, but it was totally worth it.

AND-it continues tomorrow! Katrina and Paul are coming to see me and I'm sooo happy! We are going to do fun stuff around LA and go dancing at the super cool 80s club on Saturday. A good time is in store for us, I just know it.

So, THANK YOU to everyone that helped my 25th be amazing, fantastic, special and a hundred bazillion times better than last year's birthday sadness. I love you all!

Dream big birthday wishes people!


Birthday Cupcakes!

Birthday Flowers!

Birthday Cake!

Birthday shots! (don't worry, they were mixed shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment