22 March 2011

Life, in a Nutshell

I find music in the strangest places. If I hear a song when I'm out and about, I send a text message to myself to remind me to download it and/or look up the lyrics to find out what it is. Then I listen to it constantly and figure out how it applies to my life.

I heard this last week at Forever 21:



And, obviously, this song is totally my life and how I have all these boys that are trying to fall recklessly headlessly in love with me and I have to be all, no, you have to promise not to fall in love with me. And then they're like, I won't. And I say, ok. I guess you can hang with me. But they fall blissfully painful insanity anyways and things get complicated.

Then I discovered with little 80s (early 90s?) jobby while shopping in Ralphs:



I'm actually confused as to what exactly this song is about. I think it's about shit-talking after a break up but I could be wrong. The lyrics don't make a lot of sense. Maybe he's talking in metaphors? I don't know. I just like that he says, "you're getting reckless, girl." Someone needs to tell me that and tell me to straighten out because I have been a little crazy on the streets of Hollywood lately. And by that I mean inhaling LA street dogs that are NOT part of the Jenny plan. And maybe some other nonsense. Also, his hair is awesome.

Anyway. This one is from a long time ago but I thought about it the other day. When I was stuck at the House of Bitch in Greece , I would watch "Beverly Hills 90201" because it was the only show that came on in English. Anyway, the Barenaked Ladies were actually in the episode playing this song and I liked it. So when I returned to civilization, I downloaded it.



I don't really have anything else to say about it. I just thought it was a good story.

That's it.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment