25 March 2011

Strugglitis

Major case of strugglitis today, friends. Feeling a hundred million times better now, but this morning was not fun. Don't feel bad for me, because I totally did it to myself. Drinking a whooolee bunch of Plum Wine, that has a shit ton of sugar in it, is not a fantastic idea. My stomach was not pleased with me this morning. Or most of the afternoon for that matter. It was rough.


But last night was fun, so it was worth it. But I was weird. Lately, when I have been drinking, I decide that I don't need facebook in my life anymore. I don't really know why this is or how I think getting rid of it is going to solve my problems, but I do and I deactivate my account. It doesn't really do anything because you can just sign back in and it's back to activated. Last time I did it, I re-activated after like, 5 minutes. Then went through the whole process two more times before I fell asleep. Last night I deactivated it and decided to give it a little more time. I don't really know what I was trying to prove but I only made it to about 2:00 pm. I know a lot of people "give up" facebook for Lent and sorry, but I think that is super lame. People say they waste a lot of time on it but for me, it is how I keep in touch with A LOT of people that are important to me. Especially my friends in other countries. I think it is such a great tool and has kept me connected with people I love. It also keeps me updated on people I don't care that much about, but am still mildly interested in what's going on in their lives. Plus, it's just fun. I can think of a lot more things people should give up that would benefit them. Also, do those people really go and do more productive things with all the time they are not wasting on facebook? I would be interested to know. I don't really "do" Lent anymore, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut because whatever people want to do (or deprive themselves of) is not my concern.

Anyway, in my early moments of self-loathing this morning, while I was wearing my sunglasses at work, an awesome friend was helping me power through (via gchat) and told me about an awesome song. And I really really like it. It's so simple but so hopeful and I like applying it to my life. Here are the lyrics:

My love, wherever you are
Whatever you are
Don't lose faith
I know it's gonna happen someday
To you

Please wait ...
Please wait ...
Oh ...
Wait ...
Don't lose faith

You say that the day just never arrives
And it's never seemed so far away
But still, I know it's gonna happen someday
To you

Please wait ...


So, ok, Morrissey, I will wait. And something good will happen to me. Thanks, awesome friend!

And thanks, followers! I've got 9! One more, come on! I know you're out there, folllowwww me please!

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment