15 March 2011

New Beginnings

People!

I did something tonight I never thought I would ever do.

I watched the finale of The Bachelor.

Which, now that I think about it, is not the first time I have done so. But, it is the first time I've done it by choice. I watched it last year as well, but I was forced. It was painful to watch then and it was painful to watch tonight.

I only say it's painful because I seriously don't know how these women put literally, everything, on the line for this guy when there is a 50% chance he is not going to choose them! I feel so awful for the non-chosen one! Not only does she NOT get the guy, but she has a permanent record of her heartbreak! And not only her heartbreak, but the whole ordeal that led up to the heartbreak where she's all, I love him soooo much and I want him to pick me soooo bad and then he doesn't and you're just like, ohhh shit. That sucks. Also, he leads her on until literally, the very last second. That is the WORST! He starts off with, I love you and you're so great and I can be myself and you're so awesome and beautiful buuutttttt, I don't choose you, sorry goodbye. AND THEN, he moves on to the next girl and says all the same stuff but is like, I choose you! Hooray, here is a super pretty ring. Also, just to pour salt on the other girl's wounds, he's all, I AM SO HAPPY THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE EVER OH MAN OH MAN I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY WHOOOLLEEEEE LIFE. Sorry other girl, but you just weren't good enough. And all of this is on national television. It's rough. So that sucks a lot. Also, that has got to make the chosen one feel a little bit weird. I mean, every time they fight, I wonder if the guy's like, ugh, if only I had gone othe other way. It's hard for me to watch. My roommate was watching it and I got sucked in. Thankfully I snapped out of it because I had to go pick up friends from the airport (sidenote: LAX is the most retarded place in all of the world. For real) and it was over when I got back. Then the after show was on but I forced myself to walk away, so I don't know what is in store for Captain and Mrs. Obvious. I call them that because these were their conversations:

Captain: It's pretty here.
Mrs: Yes, it is.

Captain: Man, it's windy.
Mrs: I know.

Captain: I'm so torn.
Mrs: You have to make a tough decision!

And so on. But, whatever floats your boat. Mazel Tov to the both of them. Speaking of which, can we get some diversity up in this mess? Has there ever been a minority bachelor or bachelorette? Or a same sex one? That would interesting.

In other news, I lost 6 pounds! Woo hoo! Not much, but baby steps people. And, I'm feeling lots better this week so I am ready to get back on my game. I was struggling last week, feeling sick and was very bad food wise on the weekend. So cheers to this week! I plan on misbehaving from St. Patrick's Day on, so we'll see how this works out, balancing the two.

Dream big people!

PS-I donated money to the Japan relief efforst today and I think you should too! Text help to 90999 and it donates $10 to the Red Cross. Quick and easy and they really need it. Doooo iittttt! Right now! Go! I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment