21 September 2010

And It Stoned Me

Gotta keep going with the Van. Sending out the good vibes so I can go to his concert.

People! This weekend was insanity! 90% of it was SO GREAT. Unbelievably great. 10% sucked really really bad. But we'll focus on the good stuff first.

First up, the weather was soo amazing. I got there, ripped off my leggings (don't worry, I had on a dress and this took place in the bathroom) and basked in the glorious sunshine and humidity. Then, I went to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed some Southern goodness in the form of delicious breakfast and sweet tea. Ohhhh sweet tea, I missed you! You literally make me crazy with all your sugar and caffeine. Anyways, then I wandered around in the woods that is the future home of my dad's boat garage/hurricane hideout. After, I went home and took the most glorious nap (red-eye flights suck) on the back porch in the best porch nap taking weather ever. I woke, refreshed and enjoyed an awesome homemade meal of grilled mushrooms and crab legs. MY FAVORITE. Dear god, I love crab legs. Thanks Dad! Really, this weekend was all about the food. Well, the three Fs. Food, family and friends. What could be better?

Thursday night was more good times with friends, shots, ocean breeze, weird music and an unfortunate misunderstanding with a cab driver. So fun. Friday was more goodness. My mom and I ate my favorite lunch and enjoyed the most perfect weather at the best beach in the world. The sun was out in full force, but there was a great breeze to keep it pleasant. And as an added bonus, the ocean was the perfect temperature and I did handstands in the water. I love you Atlantic Ocean. That night, more great food with steaks on the grill, hash brown casserole and corn and feta salad. My goober brothers came over, it was a party. Then we went to a real party and they left me for hotter girls somewhere else, but whatever. I went out downtown for a bit and called it a night.

Then there was Saturday. After a rather uncomfortable car ride, I went to lunch with some of my favorite people in the entire world and ate some more of my favorite foods: fried chicken and macaroni and cheese and.....sweet tea! Man, I love me some Lizards Thicket. Then, I waited around on my ride for 45 minutes and finally made it to the wedding destination in Florence, SC. I put on my ridiculously awesome dress, my fancy earrings and watched two amazing and really good looking people get married in the fastest wedding ceremony I have ever been a part of. The bride later informed me it was 11 minutes long because they were afraid the groom was going to pass out! He had a little medical scare earlier in the week and standing was hazardous to his health. I was concerned, but no worries, he made it through the ceremony and the reception just fine. Unfortunately, he did not make it to the honeymoon. Again, no worries friends, it has been postponed and all is well. They had honeymoon insurance, whatever that means. The whole wedding was so great. So many great friends were there! We drank, we danced, we laughed, we admired my dress, it was so fantastic. I was so so so happy to be there with my friends and so happy to be apart of such a wonderful celebration! It was really great. I loved it, if you can't tell.

Annnnddd then, the crappy 10% happened. I'm not going to go into lots of detail, but I really don't remember ever being so angry with someone. Being drunk didn't really help anything but the other person's behavior was really pretty terrible. I'm taking some blame, for sure but the other person needs to learn how to not be so damn selfish. And rude. And immature. And late. And irresponsible. But whatever. So then, after some nonsense, I ended up at the Florence airport (thank goodness for friends that don't abandon you at hotels) for SIX hours. By myself. It was after some Groucho's, so it wasn't a total loss, but let me tell you about the Florence airport. It has ONE bathroom. One. And you are not allowed to use it after you go through security. Security is two people, one conveyor belt and you only have a small window of time to go through it. If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to leave the "departure lobby," go to the bathroom and then go back through security, so you better hope they are still open for bag checking. There is a sign that tells you there is no bathroom past security, but some people obviously didn't see it. This man was just APPALLED there was no bathroom after security. Like, I get it, it is ridiculous but the sign told you! Stupid ass, you should have gone before. Anyways, the "food court" is also pre-security and it's a room with four vending machines it. Baggage claim is one carousel, there are two check-in gates and the same person that collects your tickets puts your suitcases on the plane. And my favorite part? There four rental car counters. FOUR! I love it! I did not love sitting there for six hours (it was a little on the boring side and there was A LOT of crying going on), but I will take that airport over the insanity that is LAX any day.

So anyways, I'm going to wrap this up because it's getting a little lengthy. So much more to say about the wonderful amazing weekend, but I'll end with the lessons I learned:

1. Stuffing yourself with good southern food is not the way to ensure your awesome dress fits. I squeezed in, but definitely could have used a little more breathing room.
2. Some people suck and are always going to suck. I should probably just stay away.
3. Always look cute when you fly because a cute guy might sit next to you when you look like crap and you've cried your make up off. In fact, you might accidentally flick some of your sandwich on him and be forced to have conversation and you will hate yourself for looking so ugly. Trust me.

That's all really. I would, however, like to pat myself on the back for being such an awesome flyer and being amazing at packing my carry on luggage. Go me.

Dream big people! Van Morrison big!

No comments:

Post a Comment