09 September 2010

Dazed and Confused

People.

Everyday, things and people amaze me. In both bad and good ways. Let's start with the bad, shall we? I walk down the street and the stench coming off homeless people amazes me. Keep walking, and the choice of clothes on some people amazes me. I go to school, the emails I get and the hair-dos of some of the students amazes me. The fact that some of the other staff members are STILL not able to do the simple things they are supposed to do AMAZES me. I get on the bus and the fact that punks don't give up their seats for old and pregnant people truly amazes me. Where are your manners? I hope when you're old, you have to stand because no one will give up a seat for you. The weather. Enough said about that.

There are a few good things. Sometimes people are really nice, for no reason. That's more pleasant to me, rather than amazing, but you know what I'm saying. There are other things, the sun rising, the tides, the wonder of nature, the circle of life blah blah blah.

But really, let's talk truly astounding, as seen on MSNBC:

"Minister says he won't back down on burning of Quran"

Let's break that down, shall we? Ok, so first up: Minister. This person considers himself a MINISTER, a man of God, someone that is supposed to "assist the officiant in church worship" and he is advocating, my second point: BURNING another religion's highest and most reverent book of worship.

....I've run out of words for this. I had words, but I struggled with how I was going to put them all together and now I have nothing. In the end, what does this crazy person think he is going to accomplish with such acts of hate? I'm so sad people are so dumb. I'm also sad he's from Florida. They do not need any more people dragging Florida, my beautiful birth state, through the mud. Good things can come from there too, I swear!

Anyways, I'm moving on with my day. I've decided to make chicken pot pie tonight and it will be delicious! If I knew any Muslims, I would invite them over. After sundown, of course, as it's Ramadan.

Dream big people! And stop hating, there is room for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment