27 September 2010

Just my imagination...

...running away with me. Stevie Wonder Pandora station trumps all other stations by a hundred million. Also, that is what I have spent all weekend doing...imagining scenarios that are never going to actually happen no matter how much I desperately wish they would. Sad.

Currently, it is hovering around about 1000 degrees in my room. Our apartment is insanely hot. I can't decide which is worse. The crappy weather and bearable living conditions or the nice weather and an oven of an apartment. When I'm at the beach, I take the latter, for sure. Too bad it doesn't work out both ways for me.

Anyways, so the Italian festival was kind of a bust. As was this other festival I went to last night, GLOW. The Italian festival was fun because I was in good company, but I was pretty disappointed in the food selection. These seems to be the trend with LA festivals. Anyways, it was not real authentic Italian food like I was hoping for...it was just things they normally have at Italian restaurants like pizza and pasta with marinara sauce. I was hoping for all the other really yummy sauces they have in Italy but that was not the case. Oh well. There was some good musical entertainment though.

And GLOW festival was just a huge letdown in general. It looked totally awesome online and sounded cool, as it was supposedly a big party on the beach until 3 in the morning. But really, it was just a bunch of weird art exhibits on the beach, all really spread out from each other and all completely bizarre. For one, they filled a lifeguard stand with soap suds. And we stood around and watched the soap suds grow and then some of them started blowing away and making people all soapy. It was nice to be on the beach at night though...I love that. And, I made my Italian friend ride the ferris wheel with me and that was lovely as well. I love ferris wheels!

Today I went to the beach and it was so lovely. Now I'm at home melting, but what are you gonna do?

Dream of AC, that's what I'm gonna do.

No comments:

Post a Comment