13 September 2010

One Night

....in Los Angeles! SO fun!

I'll back up. So Perez Hilton, this crazy celebrity blogger that I read when I'm desperate at work, had a FREE party last night and I won tickets. I was all excited that I was special at first, and then I got there and realized everyone that entered their name won tickets as well. Also, there were all sorts of crazy people there (duh, it's LA) but it was still really fun!

I didn't really know what to expect, but when we got there, we had to stand in a realllly long line and it was getting chilly. Some people got smart and went to the liquor store and started drinking while in line. I kept thinking we were going to move forward and I didn't want to miss getting in, so I didn't go. I also have no money. So we wait and wait and wait, make friends with the others waiting around us, wait some more and finally stuff starts happening. There is a "red carpet" area, that was actually just a roped off piece of cement with a Perez Hilton back drop. "Famous" people started standing in front of it and there were all total weirdos, so it was entertaining. There was one guy wandering around, kind of pirate-esque, with long johns on as pants who had a side kick with a sailor hat on. Not sure what their deal was. In general, it was a bunch of people who think they are famous and important, wearing ridiculous outfits and pretending people care about them. Some random guy dressed like Jesus showed up as well and I wanted to ask him how long it was going to take for us to get inside (since he's all knowing) but he creeped me out to much to actually talk to him.

We finally get in and I still don't really know what to expect. Then, things got started and I had a really great time. People would perform and then a DJ would play in between, which was kind of annoying because what the f was taking so long to get the next person started? But, I'm not complaining because he did play some good music and whatever, things always take forever at concerts. The people that played were: Florence and the Machine (never heard of them), Taio Cruz (he's English! Did anyone else know that?), Pitbull (AMAZING SHOW!) and N.E.R.D (creepy dancers). Everyone was super fun to dance too, even though it was kind of hard to figure out what to do with N.E.R.D. I only knew one of their songs and it's more rock out music that dancing music. But it was still fantastic. Also fantastic, watching all the drunk fools wander around the theater. I really thought this one guy was going to fall over the mezzanine. He made me a little nervous. I also got nervous when these people in front of us got in a tiff over seating issues and had to get an usher involved. And then later, the guy that had to move came back and dumped his drink on the people sitting! I mean, how douchey can you get? I was more embarrassed for the girl holding his hand while he did it. Shit like that makes me so angry/uncomfortable.

However, I did not let that ruin my evening and fun was had by all. Especially the drunk fools sitting behind us. They got a little touchy feely at one point, but one of them was cute so I let it slide. Then we got some In N Out on the way home and life was good.

Tonight, I really wanted to crash the VMAs, which were downtown, but no one else was interested. My back up plan was fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl, but no one was interested in that either, so I sat at home and watched True Blood instead. That show is freaking weird. I watch and I'm like, why am I watching this? This is stupid. But I keep watching anyways.

Anyways, three day work week for me and then I'm leaving on a jet plane!!! So excited, can't stand it! I got the CUTEST dress EVER to wear to the wedding and I don't think I have ever been more excited about wearing something. It is seriously the cutest thing I have ever owned. I'm so in love with it. I have it hanging up on my lamp so it's the last thing I see when I go to sleep and the first thing I see when I get up. I love it that much. It's also there to serve as motivation to not eat like a fatty this week so I will look spectacular in it on Saturday. That's not working so well, but I still like to look at it.

Ok, dream big people! And here are some videos from the party. Sorry they are bumpy and kind of lame. I wanted to dance instead of record. Also, you can hear me singing. Sorry about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment