30 November 2010

Silver Lining

Man oh man, I hate being cold. HATE it. I hate a lot of things. Well, hate is a strong word (says my mom), but really, I STRONGLY dislike a good many things. Being cold is very high up on the list. I know I should stop whining and be thankful for all the great things in my life, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want AND I'll do it all day, thank you very much.


So it's like 57 degrees right now in LA. But it's windy, so it feels more like -36 degrees, which is completely unacceptable. Cold also makes me embarrassingly lazy. My room, well bed really, is the only warm place and I just don't like to leave it. Now, I can do a lot of things from my bed, like read, talk on the phone, use Skype, post on my blog, facebook stalk and think about what else I should be doing with my life. Unfortunately, I cannot do the following: take showers, go to the bathroom, cook dinner, work out, grocery shop, or go to work. This is all very depressing because it means I have to leave the warmth of my bed, venture out into the freezing world and get shit done. However, this morning my co-worker justified me spending all this time in bed, so I might not leave for another month or so. I've had a cold now for about a week and she said the best way to get better was to rest. I want to get better, so rest it is! I already knew this, but it's always nice to hear someone else verify it.

That is my silver lining. Being cold means I have a cold, which means I have an excuse to stay nice and warm in my bed as much as possible. It also means...CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! And Christmas candy! And Christmas MUSIC! And decorations! And presents!!! Yaaayyy! I love the holidays so much. I put lights up in my house, then I ran out onto the street and admired them for a good 5 minutes. Then I got cold and ran back inside, where I sat in the dark so I could fully appreciate the lights. My next goal is to get a tree and decorate the hell out of it. I'm sad because I have SO much Christmas stuff at home, but didn't bring any of it here with me. I *strongly dislike* having to but more of what I already have, just not with me. Ya heard?

And for some more silver lining, I am getting really excited about the life plans I have been forming. I think 2011 is going to be hella good. 2010 has been pretty freaking awesome, so I'm hoping to build on that goodness and go forth and prosper. It'll take some planning, but I can do that from my cozy bed nest! It's also going to take some cash money, but I'm working on that plan as well. Donations are, as always, welcome with open arms.

Also, my dad and sister are coming to visit next week! Hoooraaaayyyy!!

Now, if everyone would just SHUT THE HELL UP about saying "Merry Christmas" vs saying "Happy Holidays," and it would stop being cold, everything in my world would be fine and dandy.

Dream big people!

1 comment:

  1. dollar store = awesome place for cheap christmas decorations. it's not crate & barrell quality, but i'm not donald trump ($). that is if they have dollar stores in LA...

    ReplyDelete