15 February 2011

I just wrote this post to say...


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I do not hate Valentine's Day. I think it's an excellent day to tell people you love them. I have lots of people I love, including you, my beautiful blog readers. Yes, I'm single and lonely (sometimes) but Valentine's Day is so contrived and ridiculous, it's pointless being mad at it. It's almost cliche and cliche is not my style. Plus, it has the best candy! I'm still pretty bitter about the change in conversation hearts, but I'll always remember the time I found one that said "let's read" and it was awesome. Also, I love too many people and too many things to be angry on a day specifically for love. And, I bought myself a Valentine's necklace and I'm pretty pleased with it. I am perfectly ok with being my own Valentine. Getting a rose from a student at school helped too.

So, love to you all! Hope you know that I love you. Thanks to the awesome people that sent me cards!

1 comment:

  1. agreed - the new flavors are gross for the conversation hearts. and i got one yesterday that said "boogie." if they're going to update the flavors, they should update the messages, perhaps? or maybe not.

    love to read a non-bitter blog about v-day. glad yours was great :]

    ReplyDelete