04 February 2011

Can't Do It

I'm sorry. I have to say it.

I cannot get on board with all this reality TV. I try, I really do but they are SO ridiculous. I usually like ridiculous, but I just can't handle them. These housewives people are out of control. Mainly, their faces. And their hair. Like, what is going on?!!

I really try because Ellen is all about it, and y'all know I think Ellen knows best. But, they just go SO far out of what I can even begin to comprehend as any type of normal lifestyle that I just can't relate. I am just baffled. Completely baffled. My roommate was watching the reunion yesterday and I kept laughing at inappropriate moments. Like, the women would be crying and they just look so ridiculous! Not because of what they're upset about, but because of how they look when they cry. It's so bizarre! And kind of scary. I don't want to keep hating, because honestly, I don't watch the show so I really have no idea what has been going on.

Here is my real problem, I think: Ok. These women have SO much money and literally, like, everything at their disposal. Side note: People with a lot money just kind of blow my mind in general because I don't have a lot and the way people choose to spend their loads of money is perplexing and maddening sometimes. Anyway. So yeah, these ladies are living the life and yet, they are just SURROUNDED by soooo much drama! What gives!? OH MAN! If I was a Bev Hills housewife, these are the things I would do: lounge by my pool, volunteer in third world countries, travel wherever the hell I wanted, foster a hundred million puppies, dance all the time and be drunk a lot. Hot damn, it would be so awesome. I would fly my friends out to hang with me by my pool and get them drunk as well. I would go out to eat all the time and leave really big tips for everyone. I would never ever fight with anyone and if I did, I would certainly not put it on TV for everyone and their mom to see.

I am not completely against all reality TV. I don't watch much of it, but it's mainly because watching people argue makes me extremely uncomfortable. I don't like it! Not one little bit. Confrontation makes me horribly uncomfortable. In fact, I'm watching Modern Family right now and there's a little tiff going on and I had to mute it. Now there's another tiff involving cologne and I think I'm going to have to change the channel if this doesn't end soon.

Also, the other shows, like Top Chef and stuff like that is just soooo dramatic with the music and the judging and the eliminating and the loooooonnnngggg pauses. Can't handle it. Can't do it. Sorry Bravo, but until you bring back Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, I will not be watching you. And OH my goodness, don't even get me started on MTV and it's craziness. I have A LOT of thoughts on those Teen Mom people. They just make me sad. I just like watching TV that makes me laugh and that's pretty much it. Yay Comedy Central! And NBC Thursdays...and Saturday night. AND ELLEN!! HOORAY!!!!

So those my thoughts on that. Thanks for listening, have a lovely day.

Dream big people!

I would probably watch if the housewives were more like this though:











Or this (PS-When I first saw this, I had NO clue what was going on. I thought it was hilarious but I was totally confused):

No comments:

Post a Comment