08 April 2011

Hasta Luego

Why I remember this randomness, I don't know. Why I'm sharing this with you, I really don't know. But when I was young, my mom had a video of some guy performing children's songs. It was for really young kids (3-8 probably), but I watched it all the time when I was older (11ish) since I had younger siblings. Also, I won't lie, I liked it. I watched Nickelodeon until I was like, 16 so whatever.

Anyway, this video had a song at the end that went something like this,

"When you don't want to say goodbye, you can say hasta luego. So long, see see you later. I want to see you very soon again, my friend. Si si, maybe tomorrow. You are my special amigo. That's cause you mean so much to me."

I'm very upset I can't find video for this gem, but it's a catchy little jam. I wish I could sing it out loud for you, so it would get stuck in your head too. Holy crap, I am such a loser right now, but I really don't care.

I don't EVER want to say goodbye. I really really hate saying goodbye to people. Not like, bye! See you tomorrow. More like, bye, I really have no idea if I'll ever see you again. And it really sucks because I have to say goodbye like that to people every week. Students leave school every week and it just makes me really upset. There are levels to the upset, but it makes me feel strange every Thursday and Friday. Every time I do, this silly song pops in my head and I really wish I had the video to sing me through the pain.

Sometimes, they are students that I wasn't close with or didn't particularly care for, but saying goodbye to them still makes me feel weird. It's worse when they are ones that I enjoyed seeing everyday, because I really am sad to see them go. But the worst is when I was friends with them (Hi Mario! Hi Birthe!), and I get VERY sad. Especially when they declare me "Jackie-best secratary in all the world." I hate being called the secretary, but if I have to be one, I guess it's ok that I'm the best in the world. It sucks too, because they leave in the middle of the day, so I have to keep working and don't really have the time or the privacy to be sad about it.

I've always hated goodbyes. I would cry and cry at the end of camp, the last day of the semester, coming home from trips, even at season finales of shows sometimes. Even if I didn't watch the show! If it was the last one, I would get upset. Obviously, it's worse when it's real life because it's happening to me and I can't do anything about it. I hate it! Ugh, I feel so strange right now. I go through this every week and have no idea how to not get upset about it. I don't like having to say goodbye to friends all the time. :(

I guess I'll just have to say hasta luego because hopefully we will meet again! For now, perhaps an after work dance party will make things a little better.

Dream big people! See see you later!

6 comments:

  1. I just googled the song you're talking about with hope of finding it (hence finding your blog).
    I had it on tape when I was a kid and used to listen to it before I went to bed. I have no idea where my mum got it from. Found any more information on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5A9_QWeyU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Thanks for the comment...and the link! Here is the website for the guy that sings it:

    http://www.davidjacklive.com/freemusicstore/

    I think you can buy a CD with it on there. Glad there are other fans out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I was talking with my sister about this this morning and I've been at work listening to a sample of this song on the website desperately looking for the full version! haha this is awesome :) brings me back to my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys, I was just in the process of closing out my "music store" website and came across these posts totally by accident -- you really made my day. I'm not sure how common it is for songwriters (performers) to have a lasting effect on people, but I feel very fortunate that some of my songs have had that very effect. Periodically I hear from people saying "I grew up with your music!" and stuff like that and I always think back to when I was writing the songs with my sister Susan (she wrote the words). We had no idea then that the songs would have any sort of longevity. She died about 10 years ago and although she did get to see me perform the songs many times and reach a certain level of "success." I know she would've loved your posts. I just came across a journal she wrote (she had been very sick for several years) and one of her bucketlist wishes was to have a book in the library that had her name on it. Frankly, I think she would've liked this blog better. Thanks again for the thoughts....Hasta Luego!

    David Jack
    elementaryassembly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Jack! I think that it is so awesome you found this and even more awesome that you commented! I am so happy you did! That song has stuck with me for the last 15 years. It really is a great, catchy song. I am sorry about your sister, but I'm glad to hear she would appreciate this...that makes me smile.

      I am currently teaching English in South Korea and I was planning on teaching my kids your song when we do our lesson on greetings. I can't wait!

      Your comment made my day (well, evening technically now, in Korea). Thank you so much!

      Delete