25 April 2011

Something Cool

It may only be cool to me, but I'm sharing anyway. I am not a huge country fan these days (I was back in the day...first concert: Alan Jackson and Pam Tillis), but I have recently been getting into Darius Rucker. I have been a fan since his Hootie and the Blowfish days....surprise! His real name is not Hootie. Th my second big concert (5th grade) and I remember it really well. They filmed part of a music video from the concert (don't remember what song) and I went with my friend Kayla and her brother and his friend who made fun of us the whole time. Anyway, Darius recently broke into the country world on his own and I just recently have been listening. And I like it! I am also just so proud he is from Charleston and films a lot of his videos locally. It's not that I've been getting homesick lately, but I have become fiercly proud of Charleston since I moved to LA. I think I'm just realizing what a unique and awesome place it was to grow up and am really proud I'm able to say I'm from there. And that I'm eventually going back, haha.

Anyway, I also think it's really cool Darius has filmed videos in both my homes, on both coasts:

West Coast version (in Venice Beach):




East Coast version (Downtown Charleston and Mt. Pleasant):




Nifty, huh?

And, my dad told me he filmed another video on Sullivan's Island recently, "Together Anything is Possible" and I've been looking for it online because I really want to see it! I don't think it's been released yet, but all the proceeds from the song are going towards PGA charities and I watched something about that last night and a little tiny bit of the SI video was in it. He was singing in the gazebo in the park on Sullivan's Island! I was so proud, I started crying a little bit. I just love that place so much and it holds a lot of good memories. I've also always kind of secretly wished that is where I'll get married. I am not really the type of girl to plan out wedding details for my non-existent, possibly not ever happening, wedding, but that is one thing I've thought about. That, and the fireworks I'll be having afterwards. Ok, there are a few other things as well but let's not get into all that.

Anywho. Kind of a low key weekend. My goal was to not spend money, but that was all thrown to hell with a trip to Wal-Mart!!!! But it's ok but Wally World is so fantastic, it was worth the money. Also, a trip there is rare these days, so again, totally justified. Everything I bought was completely necessary. Including "Rockstar Pink" nail polish. From drab to ROCKSTAR for just $2.50. Love it. The clothing section at this one was pretty sad, but it was probably for the best. I was just happy to be there. And that it was open. Pretty much everything else was closed for Easter. Which, is a total non-event with no family and only Jewish and Atheist friends around. Kind of sad, but probably for the best since Easter candy is not on my diet.

Ok. Looking forward to this week going by fast and MIAMI next week! I'm trying a new thing at work this week. It's called: Try really hard not to be so grouchy. Suggestions and/or funny/encouraging emails/texts/messages/videos welcome. Thanks in advance.

Dream big people! Rockstar pink style!

2 comments:

  1. i love wal-mart. since i moved to nc, all the ones around me are either the kind without the food section, which is weird, or really, really scary. it makes me sad i can't go as often. truth be told, i'll be home in columbia for the summer and the fact that i'll be close to numerous acceptable wal-marts makes me happier than i'll admit to most people :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I have been extremely upset and vocal about the lack of Wal-Marts in the LA area. Which makes me totally uncool and like, not wicked here on the west coast but I don't really care. There are also no Dollar Trees and people just don't know what they're missing. It's a damn shame.

    ReplyDelete