19 April 2011

Shake Your Rump

Currently watching 40 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 90s and it is soooo fantastic. It is bringing back so many good memories and gave an otherwise tumultuous weekend a good ending. I love being reminded of super hilarious and awesome songs like, "My Baby Daddy" by B Rock and the Biz. OOoooh, GOD, this SONG! It is seriously so amazing. BUT T-BIRD, I LUH YOU!



I just love it so much. If you are from America and you don't know and LOVE this song, we are no longer friends. For real.

I'm going to stop talking (yeah right) about the rest of the videos because I seriously have a memory associated with all these songs. And there are 40 of them. So I'll spare you all 40 memories. Ahhh! Walking in Memphis! Such a good song!

Ok. Really. Stopping.

The weekend. So ridiculous. A roller coaster of emotions. Went to Hollywood Friday night and while it looked promising, it kind of turned out to be a bust. There was a classic rock cover band (y'all know how much I love cover bands) and they opened with Bohemian Rhapsody so that was pretty badass. Turns out, the people I was with were not there to see them, we were there for the one man rap show downstairs. I'm all for being supportive, but that's not really my thing. Then, after a series of unfortunate events, we left. Then I went back out with different people and a different cover band and the night ended well. Yay!

Ok, real quick, back to the one hit wonders, let me just say that the people that are total brats about their one hit, are COMPLETELY LAME. I love the people that totally own up to and are like, yeah, I had a fucking one hit wonder and that's fucking awesome. The others that are like, uhhh, no, I don't perform it and I'm sooo over it. Get a life people. Celebrate the cheesiness and the fact that your stupid ass song made you rich and famous and that is a lot more than a lot of people can say. Stop whining. Marky Mark, I'm talking to you. Good Vibrations is the shit.

Ok, anyway. Saturday: ALL day at the beach. HEAVEN. I "borrowed" a bike from the school and rode my ass down to Venice. I had not ridden a bike in a long ass time and it kind of hurt. Also, the bike wouldn't get out of first gear so I was pedaling furiously but not really getting anywhere. It was kind of stressful. I was very happy to get off, lay on the beach and get a wicked back sunburn. After that I took my lobster self to a friends basketball game and was feeling good. Unfortunately, I took a dip down and Saturday night was a disappointment.

Real quick, back to the countdown: jeez, this guy with the bucket hat. The New Radicals, such a goober. It is one of my new goals in life to be one of the commentators on these Vh1 countdown shows. I'm awesome at talking about stuff and would LOVE nothing more than to give my opinions on the 80s, one hit wonders, or whatever else they decide to countdown. Holla, Vh1!

And then Sunday was back up to goodness. Talked with a friend on Skype (finally, yay!), then had an extremely hardcore Sunday Funday. So fun. So drunk and so much ridiculousness. Bar hopped, had an intense heart to heart and saw the most hilarious karaoke ever. That's what you get at a dive bar on a Sunday night in LA. I encourage you to experience it sometime. But do it when you're already drunk. Otherwise, it will be super uncomfortable.

HAHAHAHA: "Everybody loved Vanilla Ice. That guy committed to the running man harder than any other artist in the 90s."

Ok, well this has gone on long enough. I'll stop now. Last thing: the diet has gone way off the rails. So please remind me to chew some gum and not eat french fries. Or at least 90% of the time. Also, food commercials, GET OUT OF MY FACE.

AHHHHH, CHUMBAWUMBA!!!!! Tub thumping! AHH! I get knocked down! My family remixed to: I burp out loud! And then I burp again! Such a classy family I have. :) Oh, shit! And the Macarena! "A pox on all wedding receptions." AMEN! I REFUSE to do the Macarena, it doesn't matter how drunk I am. I will not do it. I have principals! BUT, I do remember doing it for the first time EVER at my 5th grade graduation. I even remember what I was wearing. Ohh, memories.

Dream big people!

OF COURSE! The number one song is "I Like Big Butts." I can't even do this, bitch, I can't EVEN DO THIS. Such an awesome song. Hard to believe Sir Mix a Lot had nothing else to offer the world. Love it. Even white boys got to shout.

1 comment:

  1. the radio will never be as good again as it was in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete