07 April 2011

Smile and Nod

So. Patience is not my strong suit. On the plus side, I lost 9 pounds. On the down side, that seems like a very small number. It's not even 10. And it's been like, 5 weeks. And it's haaarrdddd. Baby steps I guess. I seriously need to work on the patience thing. I have zero of it and it makes my life kind of difficult.

For instance, at work. Things I have been told at work lately:

"Sometimes you look very tired. But not today, you look fresh!"

Uhh, thanks. Also, please tell me when I look very tired and I'll try to do something about that.

"I don't like your attitude."

Well guess what co-worker, I don't like when you suck at your job so you work on that and I'll work on my tude. K, thanks.

Don't worry, I didn't say that. Instead, I smiled and nodded. Best advice I have ever recieved: Smile and Nod. My mom always said that was the best way to react to idiot people. It actually works pretty well. Because, normally, stupid people are not going to change their stupid ways. There is a reason they are stupid and if they're angry or whatever their problem is and whatever they are projecting onto you, you probably can't fix. So just smile and nod and maybe they'll go away. They do sometimes! And it works better than getting angry because then you'll just have two angry people and then things get heated.

Whatever. Work is over and then I watched this and all was well:











Ellen always makes it better.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment