12 April 2011

Whirlwind

Whoa. Friends. The past few days have been insanity. But GOOD insanity. I have been busy busy busy and I love love love it. Of course, now it's Monday morning and I just want to sleep and NOT go to work, but that is not really an option.

Instead, I'll tell you about the past couple of days...just the highlights, really. And things I find interesting.

Wednesday night: Trivia night! Trivia, like pretty much everything else here, is different than at home. First off, there were 26 teams...that's a lot! We came in 13th, so we were right in the middle. Not too shabby for 2ish people. Ish because we had a third and fourth, but neither stayed the whole time or really contributed anything to Team Shoes and Socks. There were 12 questions about movies, which I obviously sucked at and 12 about 80s power ballads. Surprisingly, I sucked at that as well. 80s pop music would have been a different story. Either way, it was fun, but it was the start of my diet de-railing. A Havarti grilled cheese sandwich was on the menu, and obviously, I had to try it.

More diet sadness Thursday. A student was appalled to find out I had never eaten a Big Mac and insisted on bringing me one for lunch. I am not one to turn down free lunch, so of course, I ate it. It was tasty, but I think I need to stay away from them since it has waaay more calories than I am supposed to be having in one meal. Proud of myself, though, for not eating fries. That night my friend was in a fashion show in Hollywood and it was pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed. There was also pizza involved and that was not good.

First off, the fashion world in general, seems like a total waste of space. That is for an entirely separate post, but for real. It's ridiculous. Furthermore, it was in Hollywood so there was just all kinds of crazy looking people there. My favorite, though, was the 78 year old woman sitting next to me, dancing and telling me about her 11 grandchildren. Also, her daughters were there and they were fighting a losing battle for aging gracefully. Please, someone, when I'm a 40-50 woman and I show up to a club, on a Thursday, wearing a corset and a mini skirt, take my hand, insist that I go home and sign me up for 'What Not to Wear' asap.

Friday, to a club downtown where MACY GRAY was the dj. So random. Apparently there were members of Black Eyed Peas there as well, but I must have missed that. I spent a large chunk of time being an idiot in the back, so I don't know what was going on up front. It was still fun though. I left the club with two German friends and we got ourselves lost. I don't remember telling anyone I knew the way home so I am not claiming responsibility, but we were not anywhere close to where we were supposed to be. We pulled into a Denny's to get some food and ended up being stuck there for THREE hours because the car wouldn't start. That was super lame. I was really tired, there were weird people and I was forced to eat french fries. Ok, not forced, but they were there and I was stressed. Someone finally jumped the car and we made it home. At 5:00 in the morning. Good times all around.

Saturday, after an extensive nap, I decided to go out, yet again. I have been trying to get together with a friend forever, and Saturday we finally could so I didn't want to miss it just because I had gone to bed at 5 that morning. Minor details, people. We went to a bar close to my house and drunken foolishness ensued for a very long time after that...another very late bedtime. A super fun evening, followed by a completely random day. New friends are the best. And can be kind of strange. Loved it. Trying really hard to get back on the diet wagon this week. It's tough once you fall off in such a major way.

Anyway, now I'm tired and trying to talk myself into going to Zumba after work. But, it's cold and I don't want to walk there. We'll see what happens.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment